PDA

View Full Version : Screwy Hatch

dsw98
2005-09-28, 05:06 PM
I'm trying to put a filled region on my titleblock, which I have achieved. But when I import that Titleblock into the project the Filled region isn't the same size and looks totaly different than what it looks like in the actual titleblock file. My filled region is just a diagonal hatch pattern. It is in drafting mode.

sbrown
2005-09-28, 06:49 PM
drafting patterns change with scale, so switch it to a model pattern with the real world size you want when printed.

dsw98
2005-09-28, 07:23 PM
It won't even let me choose model. It's grayed out.

sbrown
2005-09-28, 07:42 PM
Are you in 8.1? if you go> settings fill patterns, I can select model and create a new one.

Steve_Stafford
2005-09-28, 08:57 PM
How about a screen capture of the fill pattern settings?

dsw98
2005-09-28, 09:19 PM
Well it won't let me use the model pattern that I create. But I have noticed that in the project it will only let me create a diagonal pattern with the lines no closer than 1/2". But in the Titleblock it will let me go pretty much as small as I want. I'm sure this is the root of the problem. And Steve I don't know how to do a screen capture. How does one do that?

Steve_Stafford
2005-09-28, 10:00 PM
And Steve I don't know how to do a screen capture. How does one do that?Open the fill pattern editor then press CTRL + ALT + PRT SC This will save the dialog box to clipboard. Open MS Paint or photoshop etc and past the image in. Save the image as a jpg file and post as an attachment. There a bunch of screen capture utilities, SnagIT is my favorite.

dsw98
2005-09-28, 10:42 PM
Okay you gota love computers. All of a sudden it's working the way I need it to. I feel like an idiot. But I guess that the learning curve with new Software. I guess I needed to create the pattern the same way in both the project and Title block. Thanks everyone.