PDA

View Full Version : Framing Plan images wanted please...

kurk
2005-09-29, 01:30 AM
I am after a couple of images of framing plans produced by Revit, as part of a construction drawing set, to help convince my boss of Revit's capabilities in this area. I have only found 3d images in the gallery so far.

Not sure how to phrase this, but we are wanting to know how much input/modeling is required in order to produce the 2d framing plans (eg. roof & floor framing) and consequently what 3d framing views (in order to view junctions etc) are produced from this without having to extensively model the framing members separately just for the sake of a 3d presentation view.

I have only done some tutorials (DG CAD vids etc) and played around a little bit on Revit so far, but we have now 'bitten the bullet' so to speak and will be doing a couple of complete projects in Revit shortly - getting chucked in the deep end but I cant wait for it!.

First and foremost we are wanting to produce a parametrically coordinated construction set of drawings with the 3d model/images as a helpful design tool and byproduct of this.

Anyway some plan images (and brief summary of process?) would be much appreciated.

Cheers

ariasdelcid
2005-09-29, 04:22 AM
I think Scott Davis had done some work on that...Maybe also Scott Hopkins?

blads
2005-09-29, 11:32 AM
I am after a couple of images of framing plans produced by Revit, as part of a construction drawing set, to help convince my boss of Revit's capabilities in this area. I have only found 3d images in the gallery so far.

Not sure how to phrase this, but we are wanting to know how much input/modeling is required in order to produce the 2d framing plans (eg. roof & floor framing) and consequently what 3d framing views (in order to view junctions etc) are produced from this without having to extensively model the framing members separately just for the sake of a 3d presentation view.

I have only done some tutorials (DG CAD vids etc) and played around a little bit on Revit so far, but we have now 'bitten the bullet' so to speak and will be doing a couple of complete projects in Revit shortly - getting chucked in the deep end but I cant wait for it!.

First and foremost we are wanting to produce a parametrically coordinated construction set of drawings with the 3d model/images as a helpful design tool and byproduct of this.

Anyway some plan images (and brief summary of process?) would be much appreciated.

Cheers
There was some stunning images here (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=22512)

BWG
2005-09-29, 01:59 PM
You will have to do the modeling to get the 3d views you are wanting, but if 2d is all that is required, filled regions work just as well as anything else.

Post some pics of what your other program is doing for a better answer.

Scott Hopkins
2005-09-29, 04:05 PM
Nothing too exciting - just a little bedroom expansion.

janunson
2005-09-29, 07:23 PM
Here's a simple little project from a while back. did the drawings in an afternoon... first try doing structural framing like this, usually i note it in 2d.

kurk
2005-10-04, 08:01 PM
Thats great everyone, thanks a lot for your generosity!

Scott/Janunson - I am full of more questions about how you produced those drawings/images but know I should just get 'stuck in' and have a go at it myself first. For now it is perfect to put my employer's mind at ease.

I love the share and share alike attitude everyone has on this forum and can't wait to have something decent to post or help contribute when I get up to speed.

I am finding it hard not to spend too much time reading the forums instead of working at the moment though (still on AutoCAD for a few more weeks yet which doesn't help!), its so addictive! ha ha.

Cheers