PDA

View Full Version : 8.1 Revit Icons...

aaronrumple
2005-09-29, 02:54 PM
We have most of our systems not displaying the correct icons for Revit families, projects or templates. This seems to have just happened when 8.1 was intalled with a netwrok MSI. Only the default windows icon is shown. Double click to open works correctly - just the icons are wrong.

Are others seeing this?

nrenfro
2005-09-29, 03:03 PM
just about 45 min ago I had this happen also on one of our workstations. I have also herd of this glitch on a standalone installation. have not a clue what causes it.

bbeck
2005-09-29, 03:07 PM
Same thing happened on our network. Machines that went from 8.0 to 8.1 lost their icons. Machines with no previous install that just got 8.1 are ok, bad .DLL somewhere?

Brian Beck
CAD Manager
Rainforth Grau Architects

janunson
2005-09-29, 03:20 PM
I've run an update from network MSI and icons are all fine. Still running the build from the CD though, not the latest update.

wildcat_714
2005-09-29, 03:32 PM
When you say icons you mean the image associated with a file or shortcut thats seen on the desktop and explorer, or the icons in the toolbars within Revit? If its the actual file and programicons have you went into explorer-tools-folder options-file types and check to see what the file extentions are associated to? Things like this used to happen to my old computer on 98se. For some reason it would go away and be fine after a restart.
p-

BillyGrey
2005-09-29, 03:53 PM
Happened to me, standalone...

aaronrumple
2005-09-29, 04:00 PM
The program association is fine, however the referenced DLL is bad or doesn't exist.

D.Williams
2005-09-29, 05:49 PM
If it's the same thing that happened to me, then the icon files within the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Installer\{7EBC0489-5E47-498D-BE31-B094484612E9} folder were installed to the individual user profile area instead of the All Users.

To remedy: I copied the entire "Installer" folder to the "All Users" folder instead, and repathed the icons as follows- Control Panel>Folder Options>File Types tab, find each of the three file types (RFA/RFT/RVT), click on each, then on the "Advanced" button, change icon..., browse to the correct path mentioned above. (Make sure when you get within the 7EB... folder to view all file types, and then click on ProductIcon_Building.

A small pain in the neck but it rectified my situation.

Doug