PDA

View Full Version : Sketch Line Behavior

BWG
2005-09-29, 04:54 PM
With the new builds, I have been experience problems with the sketch lines. Say you sketch a roof or floor (doesn't matter, both do it) in an irregular shap, like a cut diamond or something like that. Grab an end point and pull it away or leave it (again doesn't matter) and try to change the angle of the line. When I do that, the entire sketch gets changed. It is like the shape is trying to "flex". Sometimes it just rotates everything by the new angle, sometimes it adjusts like it has some constraints (but it doesn't). Support can't recreate the situation.

Anyone else notice this?

sbrown
2005-09-29, 07:48 PM
Yes I have many times, its not new really, maybe 7.0 on. There is definately something that happens and my guess is 90 deg angles try stay 90, so you'll see it stretch other parts of the sketch. Its one of those thats very hard to explain to support. However if you can make it happen, do this, open a new session of revit, do your sketch, make it happen, then send the journal with the file to revit.

Steve_Stafford
2005-09-29, 08:20 PM
I think this avi depicts what Scott described, what about yours Bruce?

BWG
2005-09-29, 10:14 PM
Yes, that is exactly it, except sometimes it moves the entire connected sketch, like when it is a rectangle or if you have a bunch of 45, 135, and 90s in one sketch. Really weird results. The work around is to pull both ends away before moving it around, which of course takes longer.

Scott Hopkins
2005-09-29, 10:20 PM
I think this avi depicts what Scott described, what about yours Bruce?
Cool AVI Steve! What program did you use to make that?

Steve_Stafford
2005-09-29, 10:29 PM
Cool AVI Steve! What program did you use to make that?SnagIT's "Record a video of the screen" feature