PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating Finishes on my Walls on Floor Plans

Matt Mercer
2005-10-02, 04:48 AM
Here is the deal - I want to have all my finishes (plywood and finishes) in my walls but I do not want them on my floor plans. Right now I have 3 1/2" wall and 1/2" finish inside and 3/4" finish on my exterior, so my floor plan shows a wall at 5 1/4" again I would like to see the 3 1/2" on my floor plans but my section and exterior be shown correctly. Can not find a switch on that. Thanks Matt

muttlieb
2005-10-02, 05:10 AM
There is no 'switch' to get you what you want. It has been on the wishlist (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=9851&highlight=core) for a while now. But THIS (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=26038) tip will get you close.

Matt Mercer
2005-10-02, 05:17 AM
Thanks- I'll play with it.

Arnel Aguel
2005-10-02, 05:17 AM
I guess you don't to want use course detail in you floor plans as this will show only the outline of the total width of the wall? How about in the visibility graphics of your floor plan override cut pattern of your wall and change the color to white that will hide the cut pattern but still show the outline of your wall and finishes. I hope this is what you want.

Matt Mercer
2005-10-04, 01:38 AM
Still having problems - can anyone help .

muttlieb
2005-10-04, 01:51 AM
Is your view set to course? Try fine or medium.

iru69
2005-10-04, 01:58 AM
Here is the deal - I want to have all my finishes (plywood and finishes) in my walls but I do not want them on my floor plans. Right now I have 3 1/2" wall and 1/2" finish inside and 3/4" finish on my exterior, so my floor plan shows a wall at 5 1/4" again I would like to see the 3 1/2" on my floor plans but my section and exterior be shown correctly. Can not find a switch on that. Thanks Matt
Check out the posted file. Examine the wall type. Then examine the visibility settings.

Look at the Wall category and the Common Edges setting. Look at the Override Host Layers and Override Model Patterns.

I hope that helps a little.

Edit: I edit the attachment so that the Wall Common Edges category is simply checked off rather than over-riding the line color to white (which also works).

Matt Mercer
2005-10-04, 02:15 AM
Thanks I will play with this, Cool!!

muttlieb
2005-10-04, 02:22 AM
Thanks I will play with this, Cool!!
Notice that if you switch between course detail level and medium/fine detail level, the lines displayed switch between outside of finish face and outside of core face, respectively.

Scott Hopkins
2005-10-06, 07:31 PM
Has anyone found a way to export only the core layers to an AutoCAD file? If you set the finish layers to white so that they don't show in Revit, they still get transfered and show up in an AutoCAD export.

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-06, 08:20 PM
Has anyone found a way to export only the core layers to an AutoCAD file? If you set the finish layers to white so that they don't show in Revit, they still get transfered and show up in an AutoCAD export.You can get them on their own layer so you can delete the others using the export "rules" and visibility/graphics, Overide Host Layers option.

Matt Mercer
2006-04-26, 10:40 PM
I got it to work, but we like to have a grey "poche" in the wall, when I change from course to fine it disappears. Is there a way I can have best of both worlds?

Thanks Matt

patricks
2006-04-26, 11:05 PM
I'm cursious as to why you would only want the core layer visible in floor plans?

We generally dimension plans to edge of slab, which is usually the same as the outside face of stud or block. We just dimension to the core face of the wall and will include an asterisk prefix on that particular dimension so it's clear that it is indicating a dimension to the edge of slab.

ford347
2006-04-26, 11:38 PM
Irusun,

I downloaded your attachment, mirrored your settings in my file and I cannot get my finish layers to go away. How do you accomplish this?

Paul Monsef
2006-04-27, 12:25 AM
I got it to work, but we like to have a grey "poche" in the wall, when I change from course to fine it disappears. Is there a way I can have best of both worlds?

Thanks Matt
Hey Matt,

The course scale 'poche' setting is controlled by the wall style and is shown when the view is set to course. obviously. :o)

For views that are set to medium/Fine the 'poche' (Cut Fill Pattern) is controlled by the material assigned in the wall properties.

-Paul

tomnewsom
2006-04-28, 01:14 PM
I'm cursious as to why you would only want the core layer visible in floor plans?

This is a problem we're going to bump up against soon. We're going to need to do coordinated blockwork drawings, which are all set out on the 450mm and 150mm dimensions of concrete blocks. Of course, all our wall types include finishes as well, which we don't want to see and we don't want to dimension. I'll try out some of these tips - it looks like a big long trip down Visibility lane :rolleyes:

iru69
2006-04-28, 01:48 PM
There are a couple of approaches - the one that Paul mentioned above, and the other approach is to change the core material's cut pattern to Solid Fill and its color to whatever you want... or change its color to White and then Visibility/Graphic Overrides > Cut Override > check box and select the color for the "poche".

I like to turn off finish layers on structural plans. It would also make dimensioning a plan quicker if you could actually "turn off" the layers so that the dimension tool doesn't snap to them, but alas, you cannot.

I downloaded your attachment, mirrored your settings in my file and I cannot get my finish layers to go away. How do you accomplish this?
1. Visibility/Graphic Overrides > Walls > uncheck Common Edges
2. Visibility/Graphic Overrides > Override Host Layers > check Cut Line Styles and select Edit. Set the "Structure" line weight to what you want and its color to what you want. Then set all the others to a lower number, e.g. "1", and set their color to white. I haven't had a chance to look at what "Core Layer Cleanup" does (that's new in R9, right?).