PDA

View Full Version : EXPORTING LAYER to autocad

Alvin_Alejandro
2005-10-03, 04:33 AM
1.I've had read sometime ago that viewport can be assigned to layer when exporting to Autocad. but I can't find where in the export.Please help.

2.The left image is revit & the 2nd is autocad. In revit sheet view my title block is in A1 portrait layout in some reason. And the Question is that when I exported it to autocad the inserted company logo(image jpg) was not rotated.

Mr Spot
2005-10-03, 05:56 AM
1. You should have a viewport category set in your export layers file... If you're using a previously created layers file it may not have the viewport layer included. open an 8.1 layers file in a text editor and simple copy that to your layers file.

2. Strange haven't experienced this before, but i don't usually rotate images. Was the titleblock created in this format or has it been rotated in the project?

beegee
2005-10-03, 06:05 AM
To check your viewport export setting ... File > Export >Options > Layer Settings. ( new in 8.1 )

Alvin_Alejandro
2005-10-03, 07:37 AM
1. You should have a viewport category set in your export layers file... If you're using a previously created layers file it may not have the viewport layer included. open an 8.1 layers file in a text editor and simple copy that to your layers file.

Ans: you're right I've used my previous created layer file, I see it already.

2. Strange haven't experienced this before, but i don't usually rotate images. Was the titleblock created in this format or has it been rotated in the project?

Ans:Yes, its created in this format and no it is not rotated. but the image.jpg was rotated in the family.

Thanks..and to Beegee for illustration..

beegee
2005-10-03, 08:42 AM
Alvin,

I ran a test in 8.1.

The raster images did rotate, but are completely screwed in Autocad. :-?

Mr Spot
2005-10-03, 09:52 PM
Sounds like the solution would be to rotate the image out of revit then import already rotated. Obvious export bug needing attention me thinks...