PDA

View Full Version : Room Labels

Matt Mercer
2005-10-04, 02:51 AM
My question is:or what is the best way of doing this:

We have a problem with room label standards. I would like to create the room labels and be able to drag and drop or pick the correct room label from a list. I dont want to have to retype "Master Bedroom" because someone will call it "Mstr. Bdrm" or "M.Bed" need consistency any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Can Revit do Lisps routines?

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-04, 03:25 AM
You can accomplish this in a fashion. Room schedules permit the creation of a room without actually having any walls. Click the NEW button in a room schedule and a new row is added. If you add the standard compliment of rooms to your project template then they will be waiting for you when it comes time to identify them. Instead of using the AUTO option when placing the room you can choose one from the list.

This won't prevent people from using names that aren't approved of down the road however. That remains a matter of communication and agreement :smile:

Also, some firms use two name parameters, one long, one short so that they can use abbreviations on plans that room tags don't fit in well. So you could potentially satisfy both goals (allowing for abbreviations yet showing full names in schedules) with a little creative scheduling/naming etc.

SCShell
2005-10-04, 01:57 PM
Hey there,

Great tip Steve!
Steve

david.kingham
2005-10-04, 02:33 PM
Learn somethin new everyday, best tip I've got in a long time Steve. Thanks!