PDA

View Full Version : Sheet set/view list

robert.1.hall72202
2005-10-04, 12:32 PM
I notice that in the sheet set manager, there is a view list.
What is the view list used for???

I have drawing views, but they do not relate to this list.

Glenn Pope
2005-10-04, 12:49 PM
When you drag a view from your resource files into a drawing it should show up in your view tab. With the name that you gave it when you inserted it.

robert.1.hall72202
2005-10-04, 06:01 PM
When you drag a view from your resource files into a drawing it should show up in your view tab. With the name that you gave it when you inserted it.

I see the list of resource files and I am still lost. What can be used for a resource file?

zfoland20
2005-10-04, 06:16 PM
A Resourse File is basically your base file for Xrefs/Views. In that resource file you would create a named view, which would show up under your Resource Files in the SSM. You can then 'Place that View on a Sheet' by right clicking on the named view that is now displayed. After a View is placed on a sheet it would then be displayed in you View List. The New Feature Workshop does a good job of explaining this as well.

Mike.Perry
2005-10-04, 11:13 PM
I notice that in the sheet set manager, there is a view list.
What is the view list used for???Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2006 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197) forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator