PDA

View Full Version : Leader Arrowheads

kwong
2005-10-04, 12:44 PM
Hi all,
I'm wondering if it's possible to get a heavy arrowhead for my leader that looks like the one attached. It's from our ACAD standard which we want to use in Revit. Thanks.
kwong

SCShell
2005-10-04, 01:17 PM
Hey there,

Yes. Simply edit the existing arrow head and change the parameter for tick mark line weight to 5 or 7 maybe. I have done this too. You can also edit the arrow head family by changing the angle too; however, it won't go over 89 degrees for some reason. Oh, one other thing regarding arrow tick marks. In case you use filled 15 or 30 degree arrows, change the line weight to 1 or 2. It will make the arrows crisp since that is what is drawing the actual arrow and the whole thing gets filled in. (I think the default is wider, hence the arrow has slightly rounded corners.)

Hope this is what you needed
Steve

david.kingham
2005-10-04, 02:21 PM
Maybe I'm losing my mind but where is the parameter for tick mark line weight? I've always needed the same type of arrowhead but couldn't achieve it

beegee
2005-10-04, 09:34 PM
Settings > Annotations > Arrowheads.

david.kingham
2005-10-04, 09:37 PM
There's heavy end pen weight but no tick mark line weight.....??? :confused:

beegee
2005-10-04, 09:55 PM
The leader line weight is controlled by the annotation properties and the arrow head is controlled by the tick size ( and angle ) under the settings I mentioned before.

david.kingham
2005-10-04, 10:24 PM
Yeah I can control the size just fine but where is the lineweight...not for the leader line but just the arrowhead like kwong posted

david.kingham
2005-10-04, 10:55 PM
Have you looked in Settings>Annotations>Arrowheads, and then switched the type pull-down to Heavy End 1/8"? Under the parameters is "Heavy End Pen Weight" where you can assign a thicker/thinner line weight. Is that what tou are looking for?

No No No lol look at kwongs file...need a heavy end 45 degree arrowhead, not just a single heavy line

ita
2005-10-05, 12:48 AM
Controls on leader ticks are somewhat sorely limited!

For instance, I would like to see the arrow angle to increase from 90º limit to 180º and as Kwong has highlighted more control over the ticks. Kwong wants heavier lineweight for the ticks - something I would lie to have as a choice.

Additionally, there is a need for control over these graphics for presentation work. The current setting ranges are OK for ConDocs etc, but presentation techniques can require more adaptive settings to enable better /clearer communication.

Scott D Davis
2005-10-05, 12:54 AM
No No No lol look at kwongs file...need a heavy end 45 degree arrowhead, not just a single heavy line
I realized that and deleted my post but you beat me to it!

david.kingham
2005-10-05, 02:09 PM
Haha I got ya Scott :) Anywho....I didn't think there was a way to control the tick lineweight

Scott D Davis
2005-10-05, 03:25 PM
No, it doesn't look like there is any way to control Tick weight.

aashley21
2006-04-04, 05:21 PM
No, it doesn't look like there is any way to control Tick weight.

I was wondering.. Has this been solved yet?

clay_hickling
2007-08-17, 01:02 AM
I don't believe so, but interestingly there is a 'Leader arrow Lineweight' option for leaders of spot dimensions.

Love to see that transpose over to normal leaders....

ron.sanpedro
2007-08-17, 02:13 AM
The leader line weight is controlled by the annotation properties and the arrow head is controlled by the tick size ( and angle ) under the settings I mentioned before.

But there seems to be no way to make the arrow head fatter than the leader, which is a pretty common need.

Gordon

johnf.77896
2007-11-14, 06:57 PM
Is there a way to create your own arrowhead/ tick? I would like to use an architectural arrowhead/ tick.

thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.
www.gmkarch.com

Alex Page
2010-06-21, 02:53 AM
I don't believe so, but interestingly there is a 'Leader arrow Lineweight' option for leaders of spot dimensions.

Love to see that transpose over to normal leaders....

But it doesnt work for Spot Slopes. Seems like sloppy programming - they really need to make it consistant across all leader arrowheads

Joshua Kohl
2010-06-21, 03:44 PM

So now I know you can control the lineweight of a text leader itself. That's cool to know.

Now is there a way to apply that control to the lineweight of a leader that is attached to a symbol? That would really make my Monday!! I would like the leader to look like the attached jpg. Is this possible or can you just change it for a text leader?