PDA

View Full Version : Color Fill question

kkim
2005-10-04, 10:20 PM
I have these floor plan views from our model whose rooms are colored according to our color fill legend which assigns colors by department. Our plans have changed somewhat in the past few weeks, and I noticed some rooms were colorless even though they were showing proper room tags. I deleted the room tags in the room schedule and created new room tags (I have had some problems with the room separation tool in the past so I opted to just recreate the tag and make sure the boundaries were ok, which they appear to be). I then specified the department in the schedule, and also checked the properties of the room tag to make sure they knew which department the room tag was assigned to. I am still not seeing any color fill for a few rooms, although most of the rooms have their proper color. It is not a VG problem, since I can see all the colors for the other rooms. I have tried deleting the color fill legend and replacing it to no avail. Any suggestions?

Phil Palmer
2005-10-05, 09:07 AM
from my experience with room fills - they normally dont show a colour fill unless they are fully enclosed.

Check in a room schedule that they are or alternatively change the room tag to include the area and then ensure they are 'enclosed'

sbrown
2005-10-06, 11:13 PM
I have just found a bug in 8.1 where any room with a freestanding wall in the middle of it set to room bounding will cause the color fill to not be displayed. Do you have this condition/ If so its an easy fix, just pick on the wall and change its properties to non room bounding.