PDA

View Full Version : Roofs -

jillfudo1877
2004-02-23, 03:37 PM
I am working on a roof plan and would like to place an ice and water barrier at the perimeters of all of the roof pieces. so i thought i might be able to create a sweep or maybe even split the surfaces i can't figure out how exactly this would be done...unfortuntately my experience with this program is not sufficient for me to figure out exactly how this is accomplished. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

PeterJ
2004-02-23, 03:50 PM
Swweeps are based on profiles, generally.

There is a family template for a profile or a hosted profile. Using a roof sweep you would want to start with the hosted profile template and simply draw the cross section of the element you want to add, relative to the insertion point it offers in the template.

Save the profile and load it into your project and then select the hosted sweep tools and set up a sweep that uses your new profile and it should run along the edge as you want. To get an initial feel for this use the standard fascia and gutters to experiment or look at this thread (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2670).

jillfudo1877
2004-02-23, 03:57 PM
Wow! Thanks! I will let you know how it works out!

jillfudo1877
2004-02-23, 06:53 PM
ok i did all of the above and now i have gotten to the valley's how would i go about dealing with them?

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-23, 08:52 PM
What Jill was/is really after is a representation of the area covered by ice/water shield in plan only. So I recommended filled regions. The way she wanted to do it would require one "transparent" filled region, which are not available yet (one that would allow the valleys and ridges to still be visible).

So several individual regions sufficed.