PDA

View Full Version : new problems with accurender walkthorughs

dna
2004-02-23, 06:12 PM
There are a few major problems with accurender in revit that deserve attention ASAP

Even though I like accurender for its simplicity and ease of use and of course the way it works with trees and plants, somebody has to deal with some major problems that are rendering accurender useless for presentation purposes.

1- Consistency
Accurender and/or revit is not consistent while rendering frame to frame using the same exact space, lighting and camera, the amount of light (or maybe I should say contrast and brightness) seems to change each frame which makes a walkthrough look ridiculous.

2- Maximum resolution
This one is new to 6 and didn’t exist in 5; the maximum number of pixels to export an AVI has now been limited to 1000x1000 dpi thus lowering the quality of the animation significantly and to top it off the dpi is independent of the image size settings, with this limitation try as I might I can’t get the animation to go higher than 146dpi which is not enough.

3- Camera motion
Modifying the camera height AFTER placing it initially is near impossible.

4- Shimmer effect
The shimmer effect is still there, I know for a fact that this is a problem with accurender since it happens with accurender everywhere else and even though McNeel guys are aware of it (for several years) they are not (or are incapable of) fixing.

5- White color interiors
Can’t have it, it doesn’t seem possible to produce a white color in accurender, you always get grey.

I’m pretty sure the list can go on and on and all reviteers can add to it, but these problems need to be addressed somehow (somewhere over the rainbow. . .)

hand471037
2004-02-23, 08:19 PM
Been getting more into this, and have been hitting some of the same issues. And while I know that DNA knows all of this, just wanted to point somethings out for other folk out there that might just be getting into this:

1 - This is acutally an issue with lots of animation/rendering packages, not just Accurender. But it is a pain. I've been able to get better results by always using a 3D section box that defines the limits of my model rather than using the 'by view' settings. Also rendering you're interior & exterior parts of the animations enterly sepirate can help a lot too. Exterior animations, which are devoid of daylights, seem to be less problamatic in my experance so far.

3 - I don't find this to be impossible at all, simply switch to relevant elevation views, right-click on your walkthru & pick 'show camera', then on the options bar click 'Edit Walkthru' and then on the next set of options select 'modify whole path' rather than the camera-keyframe editing. Now you can grab your keyframes, which will appear as shape handles along the path, and drag them up/down...

dna
2004-02-23, 09:59 PM
This is acutally an issue with lots of animation/rendering packages, not just Accurender . . .

doesn't happen with 3dstudio or maya and this issue happens regardless if you are doing totally exterior or totally interior

I don't find this to be impossible at all, simply switch to relevant elevation views, right-click on your walkthru . . .

you should try it sometime, the results are not wholly (shall i say) desirable or accurate specially if you are working on several consecutive point[/quote]

hand471037
2004-02-23, 10:25 PM
As for 1; it can certainly happen with Maya or MAX, it can even happen with Radiance too- it's just that with certain rendering engines it can be a larger problem than others. Has a lot to do with how the final image is processed (if at all), what rendering settings you are using, and how it's exposure is set within the final image then with what the rendering program is. Programs that try to mimic human eye sesitivity esp. have this issue.

And as for 3, I just did it Friday, and it didn't seem too bad. I agree that it's not the best, but I don't think it's totally unworkable...