PDA

View Full Version : Area schedule - filter by area type

Tom Dorner
2004-02-23, 09:30 PM
I'm trying to filter an area schedule by "area type" and cannot seem to make this happen in Revit. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I'm trying to do a tenant schedule for a building that does not show any areas like "major vertical penetration" and "building common"

My quick Revit work around is to define a parameter to hold a "schedule" "not schedule" text and filter by it. This works OK until you come back to it a few weeks later and forget to update this field. Seems like there should be an better way.

Thanks,

Tom

beegee
2004-02-23, 09:35 PM
Filter by "Name" and "does not equal" and insert the names of the area types not to be scheduled.

Tom Dorner
2004-02-23, 09:41 PM
Originally that was what I was doing. It worked well until I had to expand to 5 filters as client wanted expanded names like "bathrooms", corridors, mechanical, electrical, storage. Revit seems to stop at 4 filters.

Thanks,

Tom

beegee
2004-02-23, 10:02 PM
Ok, I see the problem.

Your work around is the correct way to filter then. You will need to manually update the filter parameter though, when new areas are added.

Tom Dorner
2004-02-23, 11:02 PM
beegee,

Thanks for confirming my work around.

I've re-done all my schedules in three projects for about the fifth time adding the correct paremeters for filtering. Kind of a pain and something the Revit people should consider for the next release. I'm waiting for the new wishlist to be established as I have a ton of them as it pertains to schedules and area calculations. We are selling our Revit capabilities to a property management firm and you really find out the problems when you have a client asking for certain things.

I've also exported via ODBC and done reports in MS Access for areas, but I really want Revit to behave more like the database it is supposed to be.

Tom

beegee
2004-02-24, 12:16 AM
Post your wishlist items now.

Greg has big broad shouders. :)