PDA

View Full Version : Local file not reloading worksets

corinoco
2004-02-24, 07:09 AM
I am having a little oddity with a worksets file, and I was wondering if anyone else has seen similar behaviour.

I am working on a reasonably large 17-storey development, which is using worksets. The file was started in V5.1 and was converted to V6 when V6 became available (I really needed those monolithic stairs!). So far so good. We have had up to 4 people working on it at once without any drama.

However, twice in the past week I have opened my local file, after not working on it for a few days, and the latest changes were not there! Doing a "reload from central..." made them show up. No problem!

However, this behaviour strikes me as a little odd. I was under the impression that when you open your local file it automatically reloads the latest changes from Central, assuming everyone else has been relinquishing properly. Since everyone has been relinquishing correctly, it seems to me that V6 does not automagically update worksets from Central when opening your local file.

Now this is not a critical problem, but it certainly is a Gotcha! I went to print a single sheet out - open file, double click in browser, click print, make tea, get print - Yowser! This is last week's file... What the ?

Has anyone else noticed behaviour like this?

Adrian Esdaile

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-24, 11:51 AM
Revit does not automatically reload latest upon opening your local file.

It is also a good habit to create a new local file if you have not been actively involved in the project daily. For example, if others have contributed work for three days while you have not.

This means you ought to be starting with a fresh local copy based on the current central file when you have been "out of the loop" for awhile.

The consensus of opinion is this practice is less likely to introduce errors when saving to central from an "older" local copy. In fact some firms make it a practice to create a new local copy each day you work on the project.