PDA

View Full Version : Picture Perfect

david.pratt59575
2005-10-06, 05:36 PM
Hi,

I am using 2002 MAP and I have been asked to do something that I have only heard about.
The client would like to have tower scaled into a photo at an accurate height. The height of the tower is known and the distance from the tower to the camera is known. Is there an app or formula for this? I did not know which forum to post this in, sorry:confused:

Thanks in advance,

David

Wanderer
2005-10-06, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I am using 2002 MAP and I have been asked to do something that I have only heard about.
The client would like to have tower scaled into a photo at an accurate height. The height of the tower is known and the distance from the tower to the camera is known. Is there an app or formula for this? I did not know which forum to post this in, sorry:confused:

Thanks in advance,

DavidDavid, I am going to move this from the Civil forum to this one as I believe it would be served better here.
Thank you.

Jmurphy
2005-10-06, 07:48 PM
Maybe the VIZ group can give you some info. I would just do a few trial and errors of scaling the image up or down. If I recall right from a demo of Revit, it has the tools in it do what you want. Otherwise just try scaling the image up/down to get close.

Wanderer
2005-10-06, 07:50 PM
Maybe the VIZ group can give you some info. I would just do a few trial and errors of scaling the image up or down. If I recall right from a demo of Revit, it has the tools in it do what you want. Otherwise just try scaling the image up/down to get close.aw, and here I was hoping you'd have an answer, Murph! ;)

MHultgren
2005-10-06, 09:45 PM
If you know the distance from the camera to the base of the building and you know the height of the building, use your trig and scale it using the similar Triangle rule. If the actual height is 650' and your image is 3.25" you would scale the tower down by 3.25/12 (to get feet) /650 to get the scale.