PDA

View Full Version : Revit Certification

jhuynh
2005-10-06, 05:44 PM
Can you guys tell me if Autodesk offers exams for Revit Certification. I know that they offer certifications for AutoCadd at different levels I think that it would be good for us, Revit users, to obtain certification from Autodesk so that we have more credibility.

JamesVan
2005-10-06, 06:12 PM
Yes. Just took the test myself. Go to autodesk.certification.net (http://autodesk.certification.net) and look for Autodesk Revit 8.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-10-06, 06:33 PM
So James.... did you pass? :wink:

Does Autodesk consider you to be certifiable?

kpaxton
2005-10-06, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the link. I went to check this out and found the following information:

The first page lists the exam as $75.00.

The follow-up page, which lists the objectives of the exam, lists it at $100.00.

At the bottom of the list, is the following information:

Design Options

Know how to compare Design Options
Important considerations within Design Options

Shared Positioning

Know how to use shared positioning

Project Phasing

Understand how to define phases
Know how to create overrides to phasing display

Rendering

Know how to place decals
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit
Creating lights in Revit

:shock: Is there something special about lights I need to know ???? :shock:

Just thought you'd like to know !! :p
-Kyle

JamesVan
2005-10-06, 07:39 PM
The first page lists the exam as $75.00.

The follow-up page, which lists the objectives of the exam, lists it at $100.00.
It's $75.00. And there aren't 11 questions on lights.

And heck yeah, I passed!

truevis
2005-10-06, 07:41 PM
... did you pass?
I passed -- 92% (86% needed to pass). It's a cool test. I actually learned some things about Revit that I didn't know because of the questions. Thus, I had to research the answers.

There were some answers that I could probably argue if there was a human to argue with about them.

Scott D Davis
2005-10-06, 08:08 PM
Do you get something from Autodesk that states "You're Certified" ??? A certificate....maybe?

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-06, 08:16 PM
Do you get something from Autodesk that states "You're Certified" ??? A certificate....maybe?A rather weak looking PDF certificate...

Kroke
2005-10-06, 08:46 PM
Sweet, post it so I can try my photo editing skills and place my own name under it :P

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-06, 08:50 PM
Sweet, post it so I can try my photo editing skills and place my own name under it :PAlmost fell for it...:wink: Nope, you got to pay the "man" (or woman?)

truevis
2005-10-06, 10:42 PM
Sweet, post it so I can try my photo editing skills and place my own name under it :PHTH.......

wildcat_714
2005-10-07, 03:23 PM
Funny, mine diddnt look that snazzy ;)

Anyone know when they will have the expert certification exam for Revit like they currently have for ADT and others?
p-

tonyisenhoff
2005-10-08, 04:03 AM
PSE's are for resellers...

Currently there are (2) "Certified Expert Exams" available for end users from autodesk. They are for ADT and Inventor...

To get more info on the ADT exam - goto:

http://www.autodesk.com/adtcertified

Tony Isenhoff
MasterGraphics

zanzibarbob7
2007-07-07, 01:42 PM
I followed the link James Van provided and took the Revit test. The price is down to $50, from the $75 Kyle posted. I missed one question about the categories of fill patterns, not types, as I too quickly read, therefore got a 98%.

Question is, do you get some sort of certificate and is it of any value, other than decoration?

Is there a certified instructor exam? I did not find one at Autodesk 360.