PDA

View Full Version : New 3D-2D Level Features

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-06, 11:10 PM
Three things caught my eye for the first time today, I don't see them in 8.0.

The 3D/2D toggle will change display as you drag it across a crop region. This is consistent with the help file, just a little graphical clue to what is happening. (see attached AVI in zip file)

NOTE: If you drag a datum extent outside the crop boundary of the view, the control on the extent is always in view-specific (2D) mode. You also cannot propagate its extents to other views.
The next thing is a new Right Click option when you have a level selected. The choice for "Reset to Crop" appears. Depending where the level's extents are it will extend the level to the crop boundary of the view, not to the boundary but just past it, much like scope boxes affect them. I didn't find any help documentation for this, not that it isn't there, just didn't find it. (See attached image)

Last is a graphical glitch that presents a button (Plan View Types) on the options bar when you click on/and/or drag the grips of a level. The button is normally visible when you are creating a new level and probably shouldn't be there for this event? (see attached AVI in zip file)

Chad Smith
2005-10-07, 02:10 AM
And not to mention you can drag the extents grip (open circle) directly without having to move the level (closed circle) end over the extent grip and change to 3D.

That solves one of my wishlist (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10936) items.

I would still really, really, like to see this one (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=22296) though.

ita
2005-10-07, 08:39 AM
Steve, that "graphical glitch" has been around for some time. Since 7.1 or so. If you don't pull the level line grip onto the blue "button" the level line will not become part of the 3D event with all the other level lines. It also allows the end of the line to stretched and returned to its original 3D position.

Thats as I have used it anyway!

Wagurto
2005-10-07, 01:32 PM
Hi guys this thread lookd pretty advance for me. Anyone will to share the benefit of this function or the application in real practice?
thanks

Fred Blome
2005-10-07, 06:55 PM
I started right clicking everywhere and found the pad lock has a "show related" function. Has this always been there?

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-07, 08:55 PM
I started right clicking everywhere and found the pad lock has a "show related" function. Has this always been there?Yes sir, been there for quite awhile, long as I can remember.

sfaust
2005-10-07, 09:33 PM
Yes sir, been there for quite awhile, long as I can remember.
Wow, would have been handy to know that before! I'll be using that from now on!