PDA

View Full Version : Re-joining a Split Wall

Damo
2005-10-07, 12:03 PM
I have a wall that is split both vertically and horizontally, creating a void in the middle.

I want to close up this hole, by removing the vertical and horizontal splits.

What I've found out so far is that the Join Geometry tool doesn't do this.
HSCL advised in his post in Nov 04 "Find the shape handle in plan (the blue dot) and double click on it. That should rejoin the walls without deleting the windows". This works in plan, but not in section.

Is it possible to un-do a split wall some time after the event?

ejburrell67787
2005-10-07, 01:08 PM
If they meet in section and have the same build up then join geometry should give the appearance that they are the same wall. Other than this I don't think it is possible to actually make them 1 entity though. You can always align & lock or group them if you want them to always stick together.

Could be a wishlist item - join geometry that actually makes the 2 into 1 element?

Damo
2005-10-07, 03:23 PM
If they meet in section and have the same build up then join geometry should give the appearance that they are the same wall. Other than this I don't think it is possible to actually make them 1 entity though. You can always align & lock or group them if you want them to always stick together.

Could be a wishlist item - join geometry that actually makes the 2 into 1 element?They do meet in section, and they do have the same build up, but as you say, I cannot make them 1 entity.

Thanks for your reply Elrond.