PDA

View Full Version : Wall Modifiers

BCrouse
2005-10-10, 03:07 PM
Is there a way to give wall modifiers separate linetypes and colors and layers? Please reference the attached files. I am trying to give the hearth a difference color then the wall.

Thank you,

Brad

phyllisr
2005-11-04, 02:16 AM
This was an interesting problem and I must say, I think the answer is no. I did some experimenting and could not find a method. But I liked the problem, so attached is a suggestion for a truly heretical solution thoroughly overstepping the bounds of your question. I hope it accomplishes your intent. With apologies, I tinkered with your styles and display settings. Here's what I did.
Assigned material definitions to your walls and windows (totally unnecessary self-indulgence to make it look cool).
Created an endcap applied to the wall for the fireplace.
Merged the wall with the fireplace and the wall without the endcap.
Created a slab style for the hearth. This will display by the object layer in plan.
Created a material definition and slab edge profile for the hearth (another totally unnecessary self-indulgence).
An added advantage is that you can move and stretch your fireplace location and you can change the profile by editing the endcap in place. I did not have the construction detail so I was uncertain what the other plan lines were so I ignored them.

Good luck,
PBR