PDA

View Full Version : Where is the analytical integrattion for CSI

Tom Weir
2005-10-10, 07:12 PM
Hi all,
I want to export from Revit Structure 2 to ETABS. Where is the program for CSIxRevit? I had it installed for RS1 but now in RS2 it does not seem to work. I thought it would be included on the RS CD but do not see anything. (I sure hope I don't have to buy it!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

kmarsh
2005-10-10, 08:18 PM
Tom,
I know this probably isn't much help but I had to download the link for RISA3D from their (risa-tech's) website. I looked all over CSI's site just now but found nothing. I was under the impression that the API link would come from the individual partners so would not be on the RS2 cd (but I could be quite wrong about this) You might try contacting CSI to see how to obtain the RS2 API linker.

-ken

Tom Weir
2005-10-10, 08:47 PM
Yo,
Well it is crazy... I just spent 15 minutes with my re-seller trying to find it, and we just ended up going in circles between Autodesk and CSI web sites, and it ain't there....
Luckily he had a copy to send me..
You'd think they would have it prominently linked would you not....after all this is one of the main value propositions of the product.
Oh well, moving on...

Tom

kmarsh
2005-10-11, 03:47 PM
I think you're correct, it is one of the main value points for the software as it applies to structural engineers. Hopefully the links to download will be more prominent in future updates to the websites: both Autodesk's and Partners'.

-Ken

Jos Arpink
2005-10-14, 02:41 PM
Yeah, we're waiting as well. The problem is that Etabs 9 is still in beta. I had heard it was supposed to be released at the end of September. I guess they're a bit behind schedule. I was able to get CSIxRevit for RS2 by contacting CSI directly. My experience with it thus far is that it hangs on exporting larger models. Better late than buggy...

Tom Weir
2005-10-14, 07:47 PM
Hi all,
Member David Haynes reports:

Have your reseller go to the Autodesk Buzzsaw site.
The file is:

CSIxREVIT_2_20050805_ETABS9_BetaE.zip

Thanks David.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

mvicentelo
2005-10-19, 02:13 AM
Hi
Here it CSIxRevit, when you install Rs-2 the files go to other folder, different to Rs-1 then you must re-install CSIxREVIT in the new Rs-2 folder.

anyway you need Etabs V9 to make the Rs <--> Etabs Link, to get it go directly with CSI support team.

saludos

Milton

rita.wong
2005-11-29, 02:47 PM
Hi all,

I am evaluating Revit and have the same problem that Tom experienced. I had installed the link to Etabs for Revit R1, and now the link for R2 doesn't seem to work. I've used the CSIxRevit file last posted by Milton, and chose the appropriate folders for R2 in the INI file.

When I choose "Send model to Etabs" in Revit, there is no response. I am running Etabs Plus Version 9.0.0 Beta E on my machine. I haven't had much luck with the CSI support team. Any advice on what I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Rita
Canada

Serhan_BAKIR
2005-12-12, 11:13 AM
Hi,
I had some issues while setting up the CSIxRevit program. Although being located revit.exe it couldn't understand the path to revit.ini file so the program stucks at the last stage without modifying the revit.ini . I will be gratefull if someone can send the revit.ini file which has been edited properly and the "external tools" option is functional for Etabs. Thanks..

gposton
2006-02-13, 08:04 PM
I also seam to be having issues with getting Revit to link up with ETABS. I put in the CSIxRevit file and in Revit I now have in the "Tools" menu the option of External Tools and the option to Send Model to ETABS. Although, when I select this option I get no response. I noticed someone else here had the same issue, but I didn't notice a fix or something that might be missing in the process. If anyone can help send me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

kmarsh
2006-02-14, 03:26 AM
Let's start with the contents of the [External Tools] section of your Revit.ini file (located in your Revit Folder, also indicate the name and date of the CSIxRevit installer, your OS, and Version of Etabs
That might help us diagnose the problem.

gposton
2006-02-14, 03:39 PM
Ok...let me see if I can get you guys some of that information.

From my Revit.ini file (I think I am looking at the right file):

[ExternalCommands]
ECCount=2
ECClassName1=CSIxRevit.Class1
ECName1=Send Model to ETABS...
ECDescription1=Export to ETABS...
ECAssembly1=c:\program files\computers and structures\csixrevit\CSIxRevit.dll
ECClassName2=CSIxRevit.Class2
ECName2=Update Model from ETABS...
ECDescription2=Import from ETABS...
ECAssembly2=c:\program files\computers and structures\csixrevit\CSIxRevit.dll

I used the CSIxRevit file in this thread. I am currently trying to track down a copy directly from CSI, but it has been a slow process. We are working here on Windows XP. I am working on Revit Structure 2 and my ETABS is version 9.0.2.

Hope some of this information is helpful in thinking of some possible problem I might be having. Of course I am still attempting to get the CSIxRevit file directly from CSI in hopes that maybe that is the issue.

ck.107547
2006-03-09, 02:03 AM
Here is the latest CSIxRevit file.

ck.107547
2006-03-09, 04:18 PM
I have installed CSIxRevit without any hiccups. My ini file matches the one above.
When I try to run Revit I get the following error. This error pops up almost immediately upon launching:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x194 (404), Thread id=0xbb8 (3000)

I spoke with CSI and they swear it's Autodesk's problem. We are running the very latest version of Windows XP and this may be the source of the problem.

nvphatbk
2007-07-24, 08:40 AM
I waited so long for getting above CSIxRevit, but when installing,there is no thing happens with my Revit 2008. How can I get the latest CSIxRevit? by info@CSIberkerly.com, I already asked them for that for 1 weeks, but there is no reply? anyone tell me how to get the latest version of CSIxRevit.
Best Regard,

nvphatbk
2007-07-24, 08:58 AM
I also have the same situation with somebody there, but I think that the reason that make no response when installing CSIxRevit is the Revit I'm using is the latest one. So may be there is no any correspondence between my Revit and CSIxRevit that I download from this forum. My thought is right or wrong and any advice for me?
thank you in advance
PHAT-NEC

Thomas Maleski
2007-07-24, 10:35 AM
If you are using Revit Structure 2008 you need the correct CSIxRevit which does NOT exist for Revit Structure 2008 until August.

Tom Weir
2007-07-26, 02:44 PM
Hi,
As I understand it CSI is redesigning their integration link which is creating the delay. I was hearing September, but August would be great.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

Thomas Maleski
2007-07-26, 03:46 PM
From the website:

http://www.csiberkeley.com/Revit/status.html

nvphatbk
2007-07-28, 02:02 AM
In period of waitting time for the first week of August to get the latest version of CISxRevit, I wanna try with CISxRevit availlable in this forum. But I'ven't got RS 2. Anyone who has the link to download free, please give me for researching first.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

nvphatbk
2007-07-31, 02:14 AM
I already got CSIxRevit ( the latest one) for RS 4, after installing finished, I try to export a simple model to etabs 9.14. When I come to Tools > External tool > Send Model to Etabs ( I already select all member in model). But there is no happen. Any one who knows the reason why, and show me how to operate perfectly? thank you so much. Phat Nec

Tom Weir
2007-07-31, 02:19 PM
Phat,
No clue as to why that might be happening. Do you have the latest version of RS4? Try re-installing the integration link? You may need to contact technical support.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

chegar80
2009-03-20, 05:37 PM
I have ETABS v9.2.0 and Revit Structure 2008, I have installed both applications from this forum but does not work properly.

Is there any one, that can send a version of CSIxRevit that works with the version of programs I have installed?

Thank you in advance.

gjnogales
2009-03-30, 08:47 PM
BUMP.

I would also like to know if there are positive results out there regarding ETABS/Revit interoperability.

Please share any experiences.....

Thanks,

Gustavo Nogales
Proyecto PR