PDA

View Full Version : Roof problem with Revit

Wagurto
2005-10-11, 01:57 AM
I need to do a roof layout the way Revit 6 & 7 used to do it. I am using Revit 8 now but I need the all way Revit did the roof. Can somebody explain me why are the difference and why I can not do the roof the way I want it.
Thanks

aaronrumple
2005-10-11, 03:09 AM
You'll have to make a couple of roofs in 8. An unfortunate regression that has been with us for some time now.

They had the ball. But like in golf, they hit it and now have to go chase it again. This one is lost in the brush.

BWG
2005-10-11, 07:04 PM
I have this happen a lot. I have reported it to ADSK and showed them how it should look when completed, but it hasn't been fixed yet and I didn't get the impression that it was a high priority issue with them.

lev.lipkin
2005-10-11, 08:15 PM
Here is brief explanation of the reasons.

8.0 got enhancements in roof algorithm, which (unfortunately without us noticing in timely fashion) resulted in different solution being picked in some situations, including keeping undesired valleys with no way for water to go.

For 8.0 and 8.1, the only way to get 7.0 solution is to save group with 7.0 roof, place group in 8.0, ungroup, copy-paste sketch from 8.0 roof into ungrouped roof.

Sorry for trouble. We are working on fix to avoid such undesired valleys.

BWG
2005-10-11, 08:37 PM
Here is brief explanation of the reasons and receipt of what to do.

8.0 got enhancements in roof algorithm, which (unfortunately without us noticing in timely fashion) resulted in different solution being picked in some situations, including keeping undesired valleys with no way for water to go.

In 8.1 code was written to avoid such horizontal valleys which have both of roof faces go up.

Please check 8.1.

For 8.0, the only way to get 7.0 solution is to save group with 7.0 roof, place group in 8.0, ungroup, copy-paste sketch from 8.0 roof into ungrouped roof.

Sorry for trouble.

Lev, this problem still occurs in the most recent 8.1 Build.

lev.lipkin
2005-10-11, 09:02 PM
I have to confirm that the fix did not make it on time to be included into 8.1.

PaulB
2005-10-11, 09:59 PM
At least it's good to know that it is being worked on.

SkiSouth
2005-10-12, 01:38 PM
I have to confirm that the fix did not make it on time to be included into 8.1.

I have a similar roof done in 7.0 I cannot edit in 8.1 easily because it changes the solution. This is a real problem and I know that its been discussed many times. Again, being able to define which solution (I understand there are many correct ways to roof a plan) similar to wall join options would be nice. (although it seemed 7.0 hit the correct solution almost every time)