PDA

View Full Version : Stone Fill Pattern

BomberAIA
2005-10-11, 03:25 PM
I downloaded a model stone fill pattern from Revitcity. In my elevation it displays as a black wall. I did a search and read all the treads, but I still can't get it to work. I am using stone as an accent. Should I use a sweep instead of defining a material on a wall?

studio3p
2005-10-11, 04:38 PM
It sounds like a density issue. If you turn off the line weight display using the "Thin Lines" button and zoom in on the fill does the pattern show up? If so, then when you create the pattern in Revit using the .pat file definition you will need to experiment with the scale factor.

BomberAIA
2005-10-11, 05:21 PM
Thanks, that worked.

david.kingham
2005-10-11, 06:29 PM
Usually the stone patterns need to be scaled up 12x

kpaxton
2005-10-11, 07:07 PM
Should I use a sweep instead of defining a material on a wall?
Bomber,

We've run into this all the time - with hatches from Stonecad or Cultured Stone, we have to increase their model scale factor quite a bit to get it to show. If you need a slightly larger one, you have to start from scratch and reimport another 'definition' of that hatch and a larger factor. For some reason, you can't go back and modify it once it's made.

Your sweep question revolves around how much of an accent you're using. If it's a "base", I will tend to use a sweep (with the real dimensions of the stone) rather than incorporate this into the wall. I like to keep my walls pristine - less hang-ups that way. Incorporate your material definition as a Sub-Category within the Sweep itself. This way, if the owner comes back and changes it to Stucco later on, all you need to do is redefine the material for the Sub-Category and 'wall-ahhh'. I'll do the same thing using in-place families or make a separate extrusion family if I need to expand to an arch surround or other things vertical.

My 2 Cents.

-Kyle