PDA

View Full Version : curved soffit

N@
2004-02-25, 08:21 PM
I just read your post regarding soffits. I am trying the method of adding the soffit wall and then joining geometries with the ceiling.

This works fine, exept for the areas where I have curved soffits. How do I make a curved ceiling to join to my curved soffit wall? I would like these soffits to hatch as gyp board in my reflected ceiling plan. Is the best route just to not have a ceiling and make it a solid fill? (If it's a ceiling, it will show up in my 3-d views... :cry: )

Thanks!

gregcashen
2004-02-25, 08:50 PM
You need to sketch the outline of the ceiling instead of automatically generating it. When you enter the ceiling command, pick the "Sketch" button in the option bar. Then select the pick icon instead of the draw icon and you can pick your curved wall and the ceiling will follow the outline of your soffit wall. You may need to turn the ceiling plan on as an underlay to the floor plan you are creating your ceiling in for this to work.

N@
2004-02-25, 10:23 PM
Well, I believe I did exactly as you instructed. Drew the wall, edited the elevation and picked the wall for my ceiling and it still comes out without a curve.

:?:

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-25, 11:23 PM
We are talking about a flat ceiling that has a curved edge right?

beegee
2004-02-26, 12:36 AM
Something like this ?

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1588

gregcashen
2004-02-26, 07:21 AM
I know I posted to this thread again earlier, but somehow it got erased or didn't post or something (I have a habit of hitting BACK after submitting to take me back to the list of unread posts...usually submits fine, but I suspect in this case it didn't...)

Anyway, I think that, given that he is talking about editing the elevation of the wall, he must be referring to a curved ceiling in elevation, not plan...so this would need to be done with an in place family using an extrusion/blend...