PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Building - Build it first digitally

cadkiller
2005-10-11, 04:43 PM
Group;

Check out this article from ENR.
They mention Bentley Projectwise, Navis Works, SDS/2, QuickPen, InteliCAD, Auotcad and various Autocad third party add ons; but no mention of Revit.

http://enr.ecnext.com/free-scripts/comsite2.pl?page=enr_document&article=fetear051010-1

Andre Baros
2005-10-11, 05:04 PM
It's nice to see BIM successful and I can't wait until Revit Systems lets us in on the whole game.

I'll be curious to see if Revit's Systems package breaks free of Autodesk's historic dependency for work planes. ACAD never got past it and Revit is still limited by the same need to have a work plane for every element. The reason Microstation is so adept at putting together piping is that you can draw lines whatever direction you want using just the intelligent cursor and Microstation gives it the volume afterward. I last used Microstation in 1998 and it was already way ahead of what AutoCAD or Revit can do today in piping or drawing non-planer objects. I wouldn't use anything but Revit for drawing a building, but if you have a lot of ductwork and piping, Microstation rocks.