PDA

View Full Version : Continuous Footing Mitre Bug?

cadkiller
2005-10-11, 07:59 PM
I have a situation when I add an opening in my exterior wall near the very corner of my building, my continuous footings don't miter properly. They actually separate, where one is mitered and the wall I put my opening in ends up stopping short. If I move the opening away from the corner the footings miter properly.

cadkiller
2005-10-12, 04:20 PM
Okay now this has come back to haunt me. The walls are mitering properly on all the floor plans except the continuous footings. What are possible reasons for this happening? How would you go about figuring out what is causing this? Very frustrated!

BWG
2005-10-12, 06:33 PM
Have you checked with support?

Max Lloyd
2005-10-12, 09:37 PM
Not so much a solution, but i have seen similar situations to this whilst using stacked walls. Most noticeably when converting a regular wall to a stacked wall.

My favourite easy attempt to fix this is to cut to clipboard the offending walls and re-paste into the same location. Probably won't work, but the other alternative is probably to redraw new walls over the position of the old ones.

Merlin
2005-10-12, 10:51 PM
hmmm.......I have the same problem. I have a brick veneer wall with the face brick having a lower offset (going down to a strip footing beam)...same problem....I'm kind of glad it's happening to you...I thought it was something I did wrong.

It's sounds like a bug. One for the factory?

Mind you I'm still operating with 8.0 as we haven't got around to installing our 8.1 yet.

John Mc

cadkiller
2005-10-14, 02:15 PM
I have fixed the problem. It seems that it had to do with how I constructed my exterior walls. I edited the profile of some walls to follow a stepped foundation. This is what caused the problem for me. I ended up splitting the wall to follow the stepping of the foundation and it seemed to fix the problem. Thanks again for all the help.