PDA

View Full Version : stairs on color fill plans

sbrown
2005-10-11, 08:06 PM
Anyone know a way to have the stairs show up wireframe on color filled plans, currently they are bright white and distract from the image.

kpaxton
2005-10-11, 09:01 PM
Scott,
Not really a reply but a second to your question... I too am baffled. I've tried to find a switch or a toggle to turn these things off. I also run into other issues that are shown in the attached image. It seems that some things cover and some allow the color to show through.

Any thoughts from the Factory or the General Assembly?

Thanks,
Kyle

sbrown
2005-10-11, 09:39 PM
Your casework etc needs to have the family edited to have the solids on a sep category that can be turned off in this view leaving only the symbol lines.

Wes Macaulay
2005-10-11, 10:23 PM
Sadly, we just use a workaround: export the stairs (only) to DWG and bring them back in Current View Only. Gets the lines in where you need them.

janunson
2005-10-12, 12:07 PM
Ya this is a pain, and there've been many suggestions on the wishlist about solid color fills and how they _should_ work to avoid these things. My favorite is to have them appear at cut plane or an adjustable height above the level, w/ variable transparency, so that floor patterns could be made to show through, and things like the furniture and stairs could be covered over if needed. I know there are workarounds for all the graphic things this would fix, but wouldn't it be nice to just set the height and transparency of these color fills and be done w/ it? Perhaps an additional ability to make the transparency additive instead of just transparent would also allow for black lines to show through the color fill as still black, not tinted.

patricks
2005-10-12, 06:59 PM
I also don't understand why Floors have to be turned off in order for color fills to show. Why can't the color filled area just be tied to the room tag's area (the red line that shows up when you select a room tag)?

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-13, 03:22 AM
Workaround Warning: This image was done using the "overlay on sheet" approach. One view is set to wireframe, walls are using the coarse fill option and set to solid fill/white. A second view is used to create the color fill and everything but the color fill and the color fill legend is turned off.

These two views are overlaid on a sheet. Close?

A third view is used for regular documentation.

sbrown
2005-10-13, 01:17 PM
Steve, you workaround is great and I actually use it to solve the floor pattern problem too. I make a copy of my plan, turn off everything but stairs, elevators and floors, then switch to wireframe and overlay over my color fill plan. Then I get all the floor patterns as well as the stair look(I hadn't thought to do it just for stairs until you brought it up.

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-13, 02:41 PM
Cool...I'm just glad nobody picked on the bizarre floor plan I mocked up to show it. :smile:

jbalding48677
2005-10-13, 03:30 PM
Cool...I'm just glad nobody picked on the bizarre floor plan I mocked up to show it. :smile:
Not sure the stairs have a proper landing??? ;)

Good adaptation Stevo -