PDA

View Full Version : Site Problem

Doug
2005-10-12, 02:00 PM
I recieved a AutoCAD topo from an engineer of an entire subdivision. I only want one lot. How do I do this?

luigi
2005-10-12, 02:12 PM
I assume you don't have a copy of an autocad? Because the easiest would be to make a copy of the file and delete all the topo you don't want (or make the topo you want to be the only lines in a specific layer) and then import that one layer...

If you don't have autocad....well, then you might want toto import the cad file in revit, exlode it, modify it the way you would like (delete all the information except the topo of the lot you want) and export to to dwg or dxf, and then go through the normal process.

Maybe there is a better way??? Autocad would be the quickest...unless you ask your engineer to make the lot you want to be a specific layer, different than the rest....

Peace,
Luigi

PS, if you don't care about the topo for creating a 3d site, then you can just explode and delete what you don't want....isn't there a "partial explode" you can experiment as well with?

sbrown
2005-10-12, 02:39 PM
Just make the entire topo surf, then use the split topo surf command, and delete the portion you don't need.

Doug
2005-10-12, 03:05 PM
Thanks Guys!!!

SkiSouth
2005-10-12, 03:09 PM
If you want ONLY the property layout, It's really easy to use the property table to input the boundary lines in Revit. An advantage there is the "intelligence" that Revit acquires using that tool (area, labeling etc). If you need the topo - as suggested above.