PDA

View Full Version : How do you find a lost DWG?

Wes Macaulay
2005-10-12, 04:01 PM
Anyone got a trick for finding a DWG inserted 'current view only' that appears in the Visibility dialog, except that it doesn't appear ANYWHERE in the project, having looked thru all views?

:banghead:

Max Lloyd
2005-10-12, 04:06 PM
presumably it hasn't simply been deleted? Try a purge to see if it remains after?

EDIT: Hmmm, just tried deleting a dwg from a project file, then doing a purge and it still remains in the visibility settings. I would have thought the purge would remove it. Still, it does give some credibility to the idea that your dwg has simply been deleted.

Wes Macaulay
2005-10-12, 04:32 PM
It probably was deleted -- but why is it still showing up in the Visibility dialog? Our projects get full enough of imported DWGs here so that we don't need junk entries hanging around...

neb1998
2005-10-12, 04:42 PM
what about trying to reinsert the exact same dwg, then deleting the dwg again.

mcuevas
2005-10-12, 05:04 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me also, I insert a dwg and after I'm done using it and delete it, it still shows up in my imported categories. Would be nice to find a solution to this.......

funkman
2005-10-12, 10:15 PM
ok I have done this too - and found the solution. Like Wes, I looked and looked and was absolutely positive I deleted all of the instances of the dwg from every view. I gave up in the end and was going to live with it until a few weeks later...there it was in an elevation view! How did it get there? I deleted it and it was gone for good. My advice - check absolutely every view - and get rid of all cropped regions or scope boxes - it has got to be there. Even if it sounds ridiculous to check in the most obscure places. Good luck.

Wes Macaulay
2005-10-12, 10:31 PM
Yeah - but I inserted it Current View only... so it shouldn't show up in elevation. Plus, I went to 3D, turned on all worksets and it wasn't there, so I know it's in 2D only.

So I'd like to nuke this DWG from my project, but unless you see it, you can't get rid of it.

Scott D Davis
2005-10-12, 10:38 PM
re-insert it....

then right-click on it, Select all Instances, then delete it. This should remove all instances from your file.

Wes Macaulay
2005-10-13, 01:30 AM
Can you do this?? doesn't it just add a (2) to the filename?? Have to try it though ;-)

I might owe you ANOTHER beer

Phil Palmer
2005-10-13, 11:15 AM
Come on Factory
Just add the dwg inserts to the Browser structure

I played the 'Hunt the Dwg file' the other day - Spent all afternoon looking in a major big project and just gave up in the end.
Considering people on this forum have said in the past that DWG imports can create performance issues we have GOT to have a better way of getting to these buggers quickly !

Joef
2005-10-13, 01:42 PM
This is so obviously a bug that it should be fixed without begging. Perhaps a few files sent to support would move things along.

Joe

sthedens
2012-03-21, 02:05 PM
6 1/2 years and probably as many Revit version releases... was this ever fixed?