PDA

View Full Version : Borrowed Idea (Revit Sync Manager)

stuntmonkee
2005-10-12, 06:24 PM
I was just updating my MP3 player with new music, so thats where this idea came from. And maybe it's been out there before, but I didn't see it, so here it is.

Would we find it useful to have a tool that keeps supervision over the current project and could compare it to updated files outside of the file.

I know as a newer firm to Revit (less than 1 year), our info is constantly still being added to or updated, or changed. But then a project will go on hold for a month or more, and templates have been updated, symbols have changed, line style and fills modified, or families improved and the office library has been updated.

It would be nice, if almost similar as to when ACAD notifies you that an xref has changed, that you could open a "Family Tracker" and see what has been updated, and update your drawing as needed. Not forced because some "edited families" may not need to be changed. It might be nice to be able to update the families the other way as well. . .to update the library based off of modified families in a drawing because you worked off site, or something to that effect. This is all similar to worksets in someway, so maybe part of this is already build it? I have no clue, just a random thought process, a brainstorm.

Anyone see any loop holes here or is this a good idea?

aaronrumple
2005-10-12, 06:39 PM
Maybe iTunes 7 for Revit with your iDraft portable cad system?

bowlingbrad
2005-10-12, 07:45 PM
I'm waiting patiently for the Revit NANO.