PDA

View Full Version : default visibility switch?

kmarsh
2005-10-12, 06:58 PM
Anybody else interested in a default visibility switch for objects? I'm thinking mostly of linked drawings. I understand that I can make them available in only one view but once I add one that is available in all, I have to keep turning it off in every new view created. Would anybody else be interested in an option for defaulting the visibility of certain objects or linked files in new views?

Thomas Maleski
2008-01-11, 03:00 PM
Ken

Would this be Creating a View Template and selecting the "Apply automatically to new views of same type" option?

aaronrumple
2008-01-11, 03:35 PM
Anybody else interested in a default visibility switch for objects? I'm thinking mostly of linked drawings. I understand that I can make them available in only one view but once I add one that is available in all, I have to keep turning it off in every new view created. Would anybody else be interested in an option for defaulting the visibility of certain objects or linked files in new views?

Using worksets?
A workset can be either off or on in new views by default. Your choice when creating the workset.
Add those links - Revit or AutoCAD - to a workset with the desired default visibility.