PDA

View Full Version : True North to Project north

steve.89614
2005-10-13, 12:31 AM
Revit lets you rotate from project north to true north. Is there a way to rotate from true north to project north with out changing the Location settings?

I have imported a site survey into Revit. If I leave the survey in true north mode in Revit it renders correctly. However If I try to rotate the project from true north to project north, which is how I would like to view it, it renders back wards.Having imported the project in true north is there a trick to rotate it to project north with out changing the rendering settings?

Last question is could this be a rendering setting issue all together rather than a coordinate issue?

Thanks in advance

Steve Shkolnik

Tobie
2005-10-13, 04:19 AM
Rotate site to line up with your project north, make sure settings are set to project north, and then adjust for true north.

jamesd10181097
2005-10-13, 03:32 PM
I have noticed that if you rotate a site that has subregions the subregions do not rotate causing all kinds of problems. is there a way to rotate all the subregions and toposurface?

steve.89614
2005-10-13, 04:36 PM
Thank you for the replies.

I apologize for making this post prematurely as I found the solution in the archives.
The solution is to adjust the rendering sun setting to match the angle of difference between true north and project north. I am new to the forum and have just discovered the wealth of information hidden in the archives.

Steve Shkolnik