PDA

View Full Version : PRESENTATION OF WINDOW-ROLLER

athanasiosmavrides
2005-10-13, 10:51 AM
I was wondering how can I make a roller for a window (adjustable) and how can it be fully opened(rolled up),half opened or closed (rolled down as in the pictures I am sending). Is it possible to make a general model to sit on any window adjusting its dimensions?
And something else. Can a window or door be open while rendering in order to make your design more real?
Thank you for the time spending reading this thread.

In Greece all the new houses use these rollers to cut down the cost compared to the wooden traditional solution.

The Sweg
2005-10-13, 01:34 PM
You could create a thin extrusion over the window that would adjust up or down with a dimension parameter. If it has slats on it, you could add a nested array instead that would do the same thing, as it gets 'pulled' farther down the window, it would add to the number of slats. (Mr. Spot has a righteous tutorial that would come in quite handy for this.)

Hope this helps!

As a side note, I think I may have seen some electrical code violations in those attachments. :wink: ha ha

athanasiosmavrides
2005-10-13, 04:41 PM
Thanks derek for the guidelines. How about the rendering? Can a door or window be opened during the rendering process for more realistic result?

By the way for the electricity cables.... in the small alleys of any town here in Greece the cables are like that in the photo. When a new building is completed the cables are coming underground.
But the electricity company belongs to the government and in most government organizations nothing works right. I hope in a few years time we will become Europe!!!!!!

The Sweg
2005-10-13, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure on that one. I have done no rendering in Revit so far. I would like to think it would, but I don't know. Perhaps some of the gurus could chime in.

tarch
2005-10-13, 05:04 PM
How about the rendering? Can a door or window be opened during the rendering process for more realistic result?

Yes you can. Edit window or door family by rotating door/window panel to desired angle and then reload into project.

athanasiosmavrides
2005-10-13, 05:17 PM
Thanks tarch, but when I am doing it it opens all the doors on my building. Can I open lets say 5 out of 20 doors and how? Do I have to make 5 copies of the door family, assign it to the specific window..... I am quite lost here? Any Ideas?

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-10-13, 08:51 PM
Check out this thread

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=2349&highlight=door+swing+parameter

I haven't looked at this family but if the opening angle parameter is set to be a type parameter make sure you change it to an instance parameter and then each door will be indivudally adjustable as required.

athanasiosmavrides
2005-10-14, 02:59 PM
Thanks Guys for all the good advices. I will try it during the weekend and I will post any results (if I am lucky enough)!

athanasiosmavrides
2005-10-14, 07:55 PM
Can anybody tell me what am I doing wrong. To the file I am posting I am trying to make an angle instance parameter but when I am changing the angle the door panel get thinner and longer???

Any ideas? And if you understand what is wrong please, explain to me !!!!!