PDA

View Full Version : Shared parameter suddenly not working...

sfaust
2005-10-13, 05:02 PM
Ok, I have a strange situation. We put a file number on our titleblocks, which is not one of the standard parameters, so I made a shared parameter for it. It has been working fine for quite a while (I made the titleblock a little over a year ago in 7.0) but suddenly I can not change the file number.

It gives me the question mark that only shows up when the titleblock is selected, but the question mark is red and not clickable. I even went back into some older files, and the file number changes fine there so I tried to save out that titleblock family and load it into another file, but it wouldn't let me change it in the new file. Anyone know what is going on? All of this is in 8.1

Titleblock and shared parameter file are attached.

DanielleAnderson
2005-10-13, 05:27 PM
In the file that you inserted the titleblock into, did you go into project parameters and add the parameter in? I think as of 7.0 you have to do that for titleblock parameters to work properly. There was a thread on this a little while back, but I dont' have time to search for it...write back if you need a more detailed explanation.

sfaust
2005-10-13, 08:01 PM
I had not done that as I don't recall ever having to do that before, but it didn't work. I created a new parameter, though, and did what you suggest and it worked that way. A little strange, but I got it working. Thanks for your help.