PDA

View Full Version : Bottom of Footing?

m_cahoon14336
2005-10-13, 07:54 PM
I have a building with footings at various levels (depths). Revit will not allow me to repeat naming a level "Bottom of Footing". Other than pasting my own "Bottom of Footing" note over the "Level 5, Level 6, and Level 7" annotation that is automatically generated, is there another way to handle this?

Scott D Davis
2005-10-13, 08:06 PM
Bottom of Footing 1
Bottom of Footing 2...

Would that work for you? The levels must have unique names, but the title of the plan on the sheet could have a different name.

jamesd10181097
2005-10-13, 10:09 PM
I had a very large project on a sloped site that had about 30 different steps for bottom of footing. so using levels for this was not too practical. So I used named referance planes that I could attach the bottom of wall to. Notations for the elevation of the footing I used the spot elevation command.

sean.153075
2012-01-26, 09:21 PM
I KNOW THIS IS A LATE POST, BUT I WAS SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND CAME ACROSS THIS POST, SO HERE IS MY SOLUTION. I CREATED A CUSTOM LEVEL HEAD FAMILY THAT REFERENCES A SHARED PARAMETER CALLED TEXT. IN MY PROJECT I ASSOCIATED THE SHARED PARAMETER TO THE LEVEL OBJECTS AND CREATED A NEW LEVEL TYPE THAT REFERENCED THE NEW FAMILY. WHEN I NEED A NEW LEVEL I CREATE ONE WITH A UNIQUE NAME AND THEN ASSIGN THE TEXT BASED LEVEL. I CAN TYPE ANYTHING I WANT FOR THE TEXT PARAMETER.

greg.mcdowell
2012-01-26, 11:34 PM
hey first time poster... welcome and do us a favor - type in sentence case - much easier to read

notice sometimes i don't take my own advice ;)

Revitaoist
2012-01-26, 11:58 PM
hey first time poster... welcome and do us a favor - type in sentence case - much easier to read

notice sometimes i don't take my own advice ;)

He must be an architectural noob that looks at the keyboard while typing.