PDA

View Full Version : Toposurface edge

chris.hitchcock.nz
2005-10-14, 01:40 AM
Is there a way to hide the automatically generated toposurface edge, i have tried invisible line, but alas its not a line. Is masking the only way, and if so how best to mask it. Thanks. See attached jpg with actual and photshoped desired (right side)

Andre Baros
2005-10-14, 02:31 AM
I've done it using the crop region for rectangular sites, maybe you could use the crop region and then just add filled regions over the odd corners. Come to think of it, the linework tool should also work.

chris.hitchcock.nz
2005-10-14, 02:49 AM
thanks for that i tried the filled region, but that also covers the site boundary line. and the crop etc isnt going to be useful as it cuts of some contours required for the drawing. The linework still doesnt seem to work, only seems to [invisible] the site lines! so at the moment we're just going to have to deal with it on the drawing.

Chad Smith
2005-10-14, 03:41 AM
Refer to this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=19462).

chris.hitchcock.nz
2005-10-14, 03:47 AM
thanks Chad, it still doesn't solve my problem as i have lines that boundary lines that overlap the edge of the topo in some areas and not others!! and its good to see other people having similar issues. Again thanks for your help, and I'll try some of these other ways of doing it.

chris.hitchcock.nz
2005-10-15, 10:29 AM
Ok! Solved. was as simple as changing the object syle of the TOPOSURFACE to white for the toposurface itself rather than in material settings or anything else! So guys, Settings --> Object Styles --> and Topography. Change Line Colour to White.
see attached jpeg.

Andre Baros
2005-10-15, 02:44 PM
This brings up an interesting issue with visibility, often it's useful to turn off the top level of an object but keep the sub-categories turned on. Glad to hear you found an answer, and thanks for sharing.