PDA

View Full Version : ODBC export to excel errors

Kirk Bricker
2005-10-14, 08:43 PM
I have excel 2003 on my machine, and I noticed it shows 97-2000 excel. I have tried to create a excel 97 file, which still did not work.

I have been able to get the ODBC to export to MAccess, but not to Excel.

I select excel through the Machine Data Source, then select my excel file...than I receive this error message:

Errors Occurred while communicating with the ODBC data source.
The errors are listed below:

[HY001] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] System resource exceeded. (-1011)

If I try and go through the DSN name I get this error message:

A connection could not be made using the file data source parameters entered. Save non-verified file DSN?

Any help?

Kirk

beegee
2005-10-14, 09:45 PM
Are you unchecking the " read - only " attribute that is on by default in the options before export ?

Tom Dorner
2005-10-14, 09:54 PM
Make sure that Excel and the workbook you are exporting to are both closed.

It works fine for me, so probably a Windows system resource problem. A re-boot may help clear things up as will adding a couple of sticks of RAM if needed.

HTH

Tom

Kirk Bricker
2005-10-17, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info guys, It worked this morning, must of been the reboot. I am wondering after creating the excel file you need to reboot, because windows still sees the excel file open in the temp folder? I always closed the excel file after creating it.

Thanks

Kirk

P.S. I hope the project managers know what to do with all this Revit info....

Tom Dorner
2005-10-17, 02:45 PM
P.S. I hope the project managers know what to do with all this Revit info....
Just make sure your PM's are aware that the units in the export file are in Metric and that the proper conversions will need to be performed.

Tom

Kirk Bricker
2005-10-17, 04:16 PM
Yep I told them...

Thanks

Tom

kpferrante851725
2006-07-11, 01:49 AM
My struggles with ODBC exporting has lead me to favor the Export>Schedule command and exporting as delimited text and modifying schedule appearance to appear correctly and effortlessly in Excel.

However, its a new spreadsheet every time.