PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting a wall...argghhhh so frustrating!!!

patricks
2005-10-16, 09:20 PM
I really hate when a Revit model gets like this. I have to adjust one wall over about 2 inches, and yet I can't even move it, disjoin it from other walls, heck I can't even DELETE the wall, because it gives me an error about some stupid wall sweep on an exterior wall. The error is one of those where Cancel is the only option. The wall that highlights during the error is a different interior wall, yet said wall sweep is on an exterior wall.

To be as good as Revit is, it sure can be really really stupid at times. :banghead:

cosmickingpin
2005-10-16, 10:02 PM
Try copying the wall, then delete the original. that will break the confounding relationship. You hate to do that but it is sometimes a necessary evil. Edit ***opps you can't delete it- have you tried cutting it? cntrl-x*** Sometimes when this happens yo udo need to send it to the factory for "fixin" some element becomes involved in an inappropiate relationship with another element (revit files are like family reunions in Alabama sometimes), and only the factory can fix it.

Sometimes I notice Chaos theory and the law of intended consequences acting on Revit models, its either that of quantum behavior is manifesting. Is the line of indeterminate location exhibiting supra-position? I see the Accelerated cosmic expansion affecting file size, as files size expand as acclerated rates, I wonder if this too is caused by the repulsives forces of dark matter and energy. In STC's I feel the flow of light particles/waves slam up against cosmic speed limit of 299 792 458 m / s. I wonder if I could pan over far enough or zoom up far enough, would I see other projects existing within my file at unimaginable scales. I wonder if there existing the ultimate Revit file, which guides amd protects my file from crashes, up until that big crash at the end when my files is archived.

I really hate when a Revit model gets like this. I have to adjust one wall over about 2 inches, and yet I can't even move it, disjoin it from other walls, heck I can't even DELETE the wall, because it gives me an error about some stupid wall sweep on an exterior wall. The error is one of those where Cancel is the only option. The wall that highlights during the error is a different interior wall, yet said wall sweep is on an exterior wall.

To be as good as Revit is, it sure can be really really stupid at times. :banghead:

Adam Mac
2005-10-16, 10:17 PM
To be as good as Revit is, it sure can be really really stupid at times.
Have to agree with you there.....

Sometimes I notice Chaos theory and the law of intended consequences acting on Revit models, its either that of quantum behavior is manifesting.....

I thought it was only me!

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-16, 10:29 PM
...To be as good as Revit is, it sure can be really really stupid at times...I realize you are mostly venting. If you'd like to help Revit improve, copy/paste the area of the project you are struggling with into a new file. Then submit it to Revit and/or post it here.

patricks
2005-10-17, 03:13 PM
I realize you are mostly venting. If you'd like to help Revit improve, copy/paste the area of the project you are struggling with into a new file. Then submit it to Revit and/or post it here.

Well I managed to get the exterior wall sweep to "let go" of whatever it was hanging onto on the interior walls. I drug the end of the wall sweep back to the middle of the exterior wall for now.

This is really just a revision to a project that is already under construction... I probably won't even put the wall sweep back like it was because the contractor only needs an updated dimensioned floor plan.

barathd
2005-10-17, 03:24 PM
I sympathize with you Patrick. I find if I model no more than I absolutely have to - to be the best way to avoid this type of problem. Judgement call - may work for me but not necessarily for others. Good luck.