PDA

View Full Version : AU class on drawing corruption

DaveP
2005-10-16, 10:56 PM
I'm checking on my classes at AU & I come across this one:

Session Overview:
Do you need to figure out how to use the new Drawing Recovery Manager? Do you know what to do when your files won't open? What about when your file causes AutoCAD to crash? How about locating files by date or other search tools? These questions and more are answered in this 90-minute session on recovering, auditing, cleaning, and locating your AutoCAD files.
NO FAIR, I says!!! How come we Revit folk don't get classes on what to do when our Revit drawings crash and won't open ??? :-?

Oh yeah, now I get it. We don't need one. :-P

kpaxton
2005-10-17, 12:37 PM
As they say....

"I'm not Corrupt.... I just draw that way..."

;)

Elmo
2005-10-17, 01:56 PM
Although there are the occasional occurrences I am grateful that we don't need to fix a file when it's been corrupted.I'm highly impressed at just how reliable and stable Revit is.

Wanderer
2005-10-17, 01:57 PM
I'm checking on my classes at AU & I come across this one:
Session Overview:

Do you need to figure out how to use the new Drawing Recovery Manager? Do you know what to do when your files won't open? What about when your file causes AutoCAD to crash? How about locating files by date or other search tools? These questions and more are answered in this 90-minute session on recovering, auditing, cleaning, and locating your AutoCAD files.

NO FAIR, I says!!! How come we Revit folk don't get classes on what to do when our Revit drawings crash and won't open ??? :-?
Oh yeah, now I get it. We don't need one. :-Phardy-har-har. :roll:

what I find more amazing than your reaction to it, is the fact that someone would need a class on that, as, to me, it doesn't seem that one would be able to work long without having to figure it out.
~sings~ you take the good, you take the bad, you take them all and there you have... the facts of... erm, you know, autocad ;)