PDA

View Full Version : Honest opinion please....should I upgrade to 8.1?

Max Lloyd
2005-10-17, 11:49 AM
Hi Guys,

I have been putting off upgrading to 8.1 from 8.0 for a while now. The main reason is simply the amount of posts where people have displayed some dissatisfaction with this release. There are others it seems who are really liking the new functionality. The main issue for me though, is the amount of 8.1 content flying around that I can't access.

So the question is this: Is it worth upgrading to 8.1 or wait for 9.0?

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-10-17, 12:23 PM
Max,
I am always very pro upgrading.
Firstly 8.1 workset functionality is by far the best it's ever been.
This is the sole reason for us upgrading.
I can honestly say we are not having any major issues with the new build of 8.1, and we run some massive files and teams on worksets.

I also take the stand that if everybody just sat back and waited, the factory wouldn't know of the issues or problems, we the users are facing. I do believe this forum is monitored and has proven in the past that niggly little issues, voiced here with new releases , seem to get fixed in follow up builds.

IMHO go for it.

ejburrell67787
2005-10-17, 12:24 PM
Yes. Upgrade.

Complaints or not, I can't see any reason to continue using 8 since 8.1 is available. I have not had any problems that have caused me to wish I was still using 8.

My 2p anyway!

Andre Baros
2005-10-17, 12:27 PM
Revit Intitial Cost: $3500
Revit subscribtions for 3 years: $1750
Improved worksets in 8.1: Priceless

Max Lloyd
2005-10-17, 01:03 PM
I hear the worksets improvement! I have ventured into worksets, but am not currently using them. I may have another go then seeing as everyone is raving about them..

I guess the question was really: would you go back to 8.0 after seeing & using 8.1?

Seems like the answer is a resounding: NO!

I shall be upgrading in the next few days!

sbrown
2005-10-18, 01:23 AM
once you taste the fruit of a new version you can't go back. seriously though 8.1 has great features but i wouldnt upgrade a current project, if your starting a new job go 4 it, they did something to wall joins that really made a mess of my model(note its a job started in 6.0) all my new jobs in 8.1 are great so far.

blads
2005-10-18, 02:36 AM
Absolutely YES!!!