PDA

View Full Version : ADT 2005 just like Revit?

Steve Jager
2004-02-27, 09:11 PM
I jut heard from our IT dept. that Acad is having a special meeting with certain "special" clientsa to discuss the new acad5 rollout. It has many of the featrues of Revit included to help people from jumping to Revit, becuase it is "just like using revit"

Makes me wonder what the good folks at corporate are contemplatnig.

If and when they show up I will see if they let me sit in or not and report back to everyone.

Kroke
2004-02-27, 09:26 PM
Yeah, *some of it* seems to be straight from Revit.
Check out some of the avi's here:

news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.aec.arch-desktop.customer-gallery

cliff collins
2004-02-27, 10:43 PM
I hope you mean ADT 2005--not Autocad 2005! :roll:
cbc

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-27, 11:56 PM
The avi's are interesting. What I find interesting is the "early" release of future product info like this...have we entered the "window of release" where it is possible to show such information?

Normally, this would be squelched so I must assume that we are...hard to imagine getting to see these without an NDA normally.

I particularly enjoyed the detailing features...though there sure is a lot of right clicking. Still, with modeling many of the steps shown wouldn't be necessary because the features are already present in your section.

Danny Polkinhorn
2004-02-28, 01:59 AM
Steve,

The official announcement was last Friday. The ADT development team is posting these AVIs to generate interest.

Neither ADT 2005 or AutoCAD 2005 are "just like Revit", however they all come from the same company. We should be encouraged by the fact that Revit features are creeping into ADT and other Autodesk products. Likewise there are probably a few features that Revit could benefit from as well, keynoting is one of them. It's a good thing that various groups within Autodesk are talking and sharing.

Having played with the new callouts and field codes in ADT2005, I can assure you that although they sound and look like Revit, they are implemented in a much different way. They certainly don't work like Revit.

My 2ยข...

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-28, 02:06 AM
...The official announcement was last Friday...
Thanks...guess I was sleeping?

Wes Macaulay
2004-02-28, 05:18 AM
Having played with the new callouts and field codes in ADT2005, I can assure you that although they sound and look like Revit, they are implemented in a much different way. They certainly don't work like Revit.
No kidding. I was initially really enthused about the new Sheet Manager, but it's looking like pretty half-baked in comparison to Revit. ADT really needs a central database of some kind for ALL project data -- materials, sheets, etc.