PDA

View Full Version : more flexible selectionsets

eliasengin
2005-10-17, 02:32 PM
1) how about selectionsets that can filter entities of other selectionsets...

for instance...

dim ss as acadselectionset
set ss=thisdrawing.selectionsets.add "ss2"
ss.select thisdrawing.pickfirstselectionset,.......

very useful...

2) when creating a new selectionset the pickfirst gets cleared... why???

3)PLEASE!! handle that problem with "acad failed to clear/create selectionset... etc" and messages of this type.. It is very important because it happens when someone makes a selectionset in a module and then Undos the actions made by the module... autocad seems not be able to handle selectionset after...

Notice for developers!!! If you have this problem and you dont know how to handle it , the solution is one... ALWAYS clear your selectionset after finished using it... then you can make undo and it will work... But its still very difficult to handle this situation in a real developing progress... (with error handling routines etc.... where you dont know were clear should be put)

4) why not make selectionsets work like temp variables instead of references...

ss.select acselectall.....

and after going out of scope... ss gone... Or maybe ,don't know, both work...

5) Hey!! Selecting with fence does not work well in VBA programming!!!

a) it needs zooms extends so everything to be selected is visible (you know that already)

b) it does not always select entities at the endpoins of the fence... it seems like accuracy problem. Actually it seems like it selects things when cursor is in snap point (magnetized) and not when only snap shows the point but not magnetized... try it...

thanks a lot
these have been the major problems in a large application i have created...

Elias Tsionis, civil engineer

ntaylor
2005-10-17, 11:02 PM
4) why not make selectionsets work like temp variables instead of references...

ss.select acselectall.....

and after going out of scope... ss gone... Or maybe ,don't know, both work...
I agree it would significantly simplify coding. I am sure it could be done but not sure about performance. I would suggest they would need to leave the current AcadSelectionSet and add a new type so as not to effect existing code.

Regards - Nathan