PDA

View Full Version : Printing Problems

dsw98
2005-10-17, 05:17 PM
I've started printing plans on an ARCH D size a sheet, as soon as our plotter starts printing the Data light flashes red. The print job still finished but it's taking much longer than it should I think. Should I be purging the file before I print? The file size is 29.5 M which seems WAY to big. But I've also noticed on other projects that after the purge the file actually gets larger, any Ideas?

**Correction** After printing the 2nd page it didn't print out the Title block, only the plan it's self, very odd.

nrenfro
2005-10-17, 05:47 PM
It sounds to my you are on the right path, I would try setting your printer to process the document in the computer rather that the printer.
Regarding file size, I am not sure that this is linked to your plotting issues as each view when sent to the printer will have different demands. For example Vector vs Raster or simply the amount of information on the page you are printing.
If performance continues to drag, try purging and then saving the file under another name.
Don't ask, but this should reduce your files size.

dsw98
2005-10-17, 06:09 PM
I think I found the problem. The printer settings were set to color. I changed it to black and white and it printed much faster and the Data light didn't come on.