PDA

View Full Version : Authorize an at home copy

Chris DiSunno
2005-10-17, 09:53 PM
I can't remember how to do this and can't find the thread. Any help out there? My wife would greatly appreciate it...

Roger Evans
2005-10-17, 10:03 PM
I can't remember how to do this and can't find the thread. Any help out there? My wife would greatly appreciate it...

To avoid possible misunderstanding you mean your wife would appreciate you being home & working & not in work & working. ( and not that your wife wants to use Revit)

beegee
2005-10-17, 10:10 PM
For a stand-alone licence, use the Portable Licence Utility.

Go to Start > Autodesk > Autodesk Revit Building N.n > PLU Export Licence then Import to the other computer. Check the Help file for the PLU for the exact detailed proceedure.

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-17, 10:12 PM
I can't remember how to do this and can't find the thread. Any help out there? My wife would greatly appreciate it...Are you using Stand Alone licensing? If so you need to use the Portable License Utility available in the Start Menu/Program Files/Autodesk/Autodesk Revit Building 8.1/Portable License Utility

Network licensing will allow you to borrow a license but the PC or notebook must be connected to the domain and obtain a network license normally first. So to do this with your home PC you'll have to have a way to be part of the office network from home, VPN or some other such mechanism.

Paul Monsef
2005-10-17, 10:49 PM
You can authorize one copy at work and another at home, provided both are not used at the same time.

Authorizing the second copy works just like you did on the first one.

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-17, 11:01 PM
You can authorize one copy at work and another at home, provided both are not used at the same time.

Authorizing the second copy works just like you did on the first one.As far as I know this is only viable for stand alone licenses.

Chris DiSunno
2005-10-18, 12:51 PM
Thanks all (and yes so I come home not so she can work on Revit)