PDA

View Full Version : some 5.1 families that wont work in 6.0

Martin P
2004-02-28, 11:53 AM
None of the window families I created in 5.1 will load into 6.0 - they all use loaded components and all worked well in 5.1 - I have a few models that they are in. when i try and reload them I get "a serious error has just occured do you want to save" err yes it is serious........ . What is it though? I am hopeful there is something simple I can do to retrieve these families, and am at the moment saving all the parts etc as 6.0 files and loading them in again to the family, I hope it works!! if not what is it????

Martin P
2004-02-28, 12:02 PM
didnt work.... :cry:

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-28, 01:02 PM
Try upgrading copies of each piece and the main families to 6.0. Then in the projects temporarily replace the originals with a different basic window family. Delete the families that aren't behaving from the project entirely through the project browser. Save your project, then try importing and if successful, replace the simpler windows with the correct ones. Good luck!

Martin P
2004-02-28, 05:59 PM
Hi Steve, thx for the reply. I had a go at that and it still didnt seem to like it? I think I am going to start from scratch in 6 anyway with the window families I use as it could all do with a bit of tidying up, I will just build a load of new ones I think, but it is going to take a bit of time - no problem on moday - but I needed this stuff doen quick as its Saturday! :roll: - all I can say is thank goodness for Photoshop and the magic wand tool, saved my life today I think. I just airbrused the materials I couldnt alter on my windows. (posted it in the galler if you are interested its the windows glass and frames that are fake)