PDA

View Full Version : Flats and Schedules, how do you use it ?

mtchuff
2005-10-18, 10:39 AM
I'm quite new to Revit and I'm using it in France so apologize for my mispelled words or wrong vocabulary (not always easy to translate technical words..) :roll: .

So, here is the point. I'm working on a lodging project. Here, we categorize the appartment by types;
T2 1 bedroom 1 livingroom
T3 3 rooms 2 bedrooms an 1 living
(the kitchen and bathrooms are always needed so we don't count them)
T4: 4 rooms (3 bedrooms and 1 living)
etc.

I use the 'occupation' parameter to store the type (T2,T3...), the service parameter is used to store the flat number (A-01,A-02...).

In a schedule I know how to show needed informations by flat, by levels and the computations on surfaces.

But is it possible to retrieve the number of flats for each type (like 15 T2, 24 T3...) ??

I didn't found a simple way to do it. I also know the workaround that is to create surface plans and create surface separation for each flat but it seems so tedious...:?
SO what is your way of working with this type of information ?

aggockel50321
2005-10-18, 11:27 AM
One way:

Go to your schedule's view properties.
Under the Sorting/Grouping tab, select the occupation parameter to sort and group by.
For footers of the schedule, check "title, count, & totals"

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-10-18, 03:52 PM
As Andrew said. Also, under the formatting tab be sure that the check box to calculate totals is checked.

mtchuff
2005-10-19, 07:52 AM
Thank you for your advices, but it seems that I still can't achieve my goal.
The fact is one can't use any parameter but surface to calculate things (see IMG 1).

What I would is to read the number of services counted per level (on image 2 I should read 4 ...

Any idea or I definetly can't with that room schedule ??

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-19, 08:08 AM
I believe your first question asked if you could count how many types of flats there are? Are you okay with that now? You seem to be asking a new question now, how to count the individual services on each level?

If I understand, you need to sort by level and add the footer and include the count option. This way you will get a count of services, which by your explanation is equal to the individual flat number, true?

Just to see if I understand you, "services" are instance parameters, each flat gets its own number while "occupation" is a type parameter, all flats of a type share a value. True?

GuyR
2005-10-19, 08:49 AM
See attached. Is this what you're trying to do?

HTH,

Guy

mtchuff
2005-10-20, 04:03 PM
Thank you for your help, I dare to, but I can't read your file. Remember, outside of US and English speaking countries (which is quite a lot) we don't have the great pleasure to use 8.1. (I'd love to, I'm using worksets and pressing 'make usable' or whatever in English is really annoying.)