PDA

View Full Version : Saturday overtime

Martin P
2004-02-28, 06:09 PM
this is the one I posted about in the general area - the window materials are coloured in photoshop along with a good bit of the other stuff....

PeterJ
2004-02-28, 07:59 PM
How do you make the smoke parametric?

Martin P
2004-02-28, 11:25 PM
How do you make the smoke parametric?

:oops: I know, do you think it is a touch to much, it took me ages to model that smoke :lol: They do have 2 open fireplaces though, so it shows they work....

aggockel50321
2004-02-28, 11:37 PM
Nice job, Martin.

The white finish on the main house. Is it stucco,or something else?

And your chimneys with the nozzles on the top. What's connected to them?Gas stoves or boilers, oil fired units, or some other fuel?

Typically, what's the climate there?I'd assume, similar to London's?

PeterJ
2004-02-29, 10:16 AM
Snow lies deep here this morning, but that is atypical for London. Martin lives several hundred miles north and it is a more exposed environment and so colder and windier and harsher and occupied by people with skin so pale you can almost see their organs.

Martin P
2004-03-01, 08:33 AM
Just good old fashioned fireplaces burning logs and coal. Not allowed in the town or city, but no problem in the country, most of our new builds have them..... and trying to find details for construction of them was a real nightmare too.

And thank you for saying nice job :) , my boss having just seen this rendering did not like it at all :twisted: . The car is too small (probably right), the windows look bad - finger painted look apparantely ("what, these two fingers you mean?"..... :wink: ) the smoke looks bad (conceed that one, it does!) the slates look bad, and the timber looks bad - but he liked the trees! :roll: . So not bad for giving up a Saturday afternoon..... I mentioned to him if he wanted more to scale cars that we would need to buy RPC's but I dont think they work :cry: and the windows were either painted in or grey (problems with 5.1 families) the timber, not the lining boards, are an accurender material and it is a bit ropey looking I suppose..... I liked the slates.