PDA

View Full Version : Can I Save Out the Profiles for Curtain Wall Mullions

janunson
2005-10-19, 04:57 PM
hey, i think this is a simple question, but haven't found an answer yet. I have a file w/ several profiles loaded for the curtain wall mullions. I don't have the original profile files, but need to edit them. Is there a way to get them open? The profiles aren't listed in the family explorer, so how do i get to them?

Alvin_Alejandro
2005-10-20, 07:54 AM
From your project browser Family-Profile-right click the profile you want to save........biola.

janunson
2005-10-21, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Thing is, these profiles don't appear to be listed in the family browser. I can load a new curtain wall mullion profile, and it appears and can be saved out, but what about the ones that are already there - L, V, and Trapezoid? I'd like to customize ttain wall mehese, but am not sure how i control the corner behavior. I can check the 'is corner mullion' box in the type family of the mullion itself, but in the profile editor i don't know how to define how the other curets this corner. I was trying to export the V curtain wall profile that is built-in and customize it. Is there a template out there that i just haven't found yet for these types of mullion? Maybe we forgot to upgrade our templates folder and i'm missing this?