PDA

View Full Version : Stacked Wall Help

ford347
2005-10-19, 06:47 PM
I have a stacked wall which has four sub-wall.
12" CMU
12" CMU diff finish
8" CMU
8"CMU diff finish

Now how do I control the height of each of these walls. only one can be variable, and when I try and change the height of the other walls an error tells me my wall is too short. The help menu directs you to change the top and bottom extensions within the edit structure dialog box.....if availiable, which it is not. I just don't have the experience with compound or stacked walls to know what to do here. Any suggestions or instructions would be apprecialted.

Thanks

artitech
2005-10-19, 08:49 PM
I just don't have the experience with compound or stacked walls to know what to do here. Any suggestions or instructions would be apprecialted.

Thanks

I'm trying to sort out just the same thing, check this thread...
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=27185

tamas
2005-10-19, 10:19 PM
12" CMU
12" CMU diff finish
8" CMU
8"CMU diff finish

Now how do I control the height of each of these walls. only one can be variable, and when I try and change the height of the other walls an error tells me my wall is too short. The help menu directs you to change the top and bottom extensions within the edit structure dialog box.....if availiable, which it is not. I just don't have the experience with compound or stacked walls to know what to do here. Any suggestions or instructions would be apprecialted.

Thanks What the error would like to convey to you is that the non-variable subwalls have fixed heights that determine the minimum possible height of a stacked wall instance. In your case it is 14' 9" (the sum of the heights of the fixed subwalls).

If you want to make the stacked wall shorter, you need to change some subwall heights.

Tamas

ford347
2005-10-19, 10:27 PM
I am changing the heights to what they need to be.
Bottom Sub-wall-8'9"
next: Variable
Next: 1-2.25
Next: 3-.25
I don't know what else to do. I've moved the variable around from sub-wall to sub-wall, tried different combinations just to try and understand, and I don't. That's it.

ford347
2005-10-19, 10:34 PM
I made the bottom sub-wall variable. That worked. Thank you guys for your patience and suggestions.

tamas
2005-10-19, 10:36 PM
When you place the wall, it comes with a default height. That might be too low for you. Just look for it in the options bar and adjust of needed.

Tamas