PDA

View Full Version : Cross Section Tool

JeremiahM
2005-10-19, 10:13 PM
I would like to have some cross section tools to use with surfaces. We do Radio line of sights and our cable paths would be nice to see. What we engineer does not require all of the tools in LDT or C3D, in fact, this is the only thing missing in Map that we absolutely need.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

Jmurphy
2005-10-26, 02:31 PM
Can you give an example or more info on what you need and how you want it to work?

MHultgren
2005-10-26, 03:10 PM
Jeremiah, it sounds like you need the Civil companion portion of Civil 3D. Can't you build a Thematic 3D map with a VPOINT set off in the distance so it shows your cable runs up in the air? When you define your runs, do you give them an elevation at the poles?

JeremiahM
2005-10-26, 10:43 PM
Yes, I want the same tool that is in Civil 3D and that was in LDT (Quick cross section from right click on a PLINE). Dont know about using VPOINT, this is for engineering purposes, we need to place it on the drawing for measurements etc. This is more for Radio shots to make sure no mountains are in the way. 98% of our facilities are underground as well.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

kiwigraham
2005-10-28, 12:10 PM
Surely any DTM package can give you a cross section?
I'm using "surfmate" that I think came originally from "quicksurf".
So it seems us in South Africa do have some good software!

JeremiahM
2005-11-01, 09:11 PM
Map doesn't. And I can't justify an add-on for the amount of use it would get, or the training involved...

Jeremiah