PDA

View Full Version : text format and non printing cells in tables

Jason.Moore
2005-10-20, 06:34 PM
I have a problem with the way autocad "thinks"

I import a table, set the text height to 7" and all my text has a height modifier of .7716x in the text line making them all about 5 3/8" height

how do I control this instead of going through hundereds of cells and deleting the height modifier. I have tried match cells, match prop.... match stick (j/k).

also I have some text cells that are not printing, I can copy in info from another cell to ficx this. but I would rather keep it from happening in the first place.

thank you all
Jason

Jason.Moore
2005-11-09, 10:55 PM
not even one reply in two weeks?

Mike.Perry
2005-11-09, 11:44 PM
Hi

Please post an example drawing file that exhibits the behaviour you describe above, so we can take a look at the problem / issue first-hand.

Have a good one, Mike

Jason.Moore
2005-11-10, 02:30 PM
Here is a simple table from excel and pasted into autocad

bweir
2005-11-10, 04:37 PM
Given the test file I seen no problems with either file. None of the cells are being missed when plotting. I tried copy-paste from your excel file, everything seemed to work fine. Every cell with text had the correct data. I even tried to change the sizes of text, again no problems. Not sure what's happening at your end.

Benjamin
CAD Manager
Meggitt Defence System Canada

Jason.Moore
2005-11-10, 04:41 PM
Look at the properties of the text. it has a height modifier of.7716x, reducing its overall height. I would like to forgo having to change EACH CELL. just to fix the height.

MikeM4OSU
2005-11-10, 05:33 PM
Try changing your table style to have the same fonts style name as your excel file. Be sure that your font type is set within the font style name and then import your table. Not sure if this will fix your problem but it is a difference that I see. Let me know how it comes out.

Mike.Perry
2005-11-13, 02:14 PM
Hi

Take a look at the "Text Height" value specified within the OLEScale dialog box ( plus, if using AutoCAD 2006 take a look at the OLETextSize command ).

I believe you will find the "Text Height" value set there, has a major affect ( relationship ) on the Text Height you see in your AutoCAD Table ( when Imported via Excel data ).

+

For what it is worth, I also do not experience any printing issues with contents of Cells missing from Plotted output ( as reported by Benjamin above ).

Have a good one, Mike

Jason.Moore
2005-11-14, 05:08 PM
Try changing your table style to have the same fonts style name as your excel file. Be sure that your font type is set within the font style name and then import your table. Not sure if this will fix your problem but it is a difference that I see. Let me know how it comes out.

ill try that one out, thanks

Jason.Moore
2005-11-14, 05:09 PM
I cant access the dialog without an ole object. so I would have to import it, and then change it. but these are not ole objects, they are tables.

Mike.Perry
2005-11-14, 08:41 PM
I cant access the dialog without an ole object. so I would have to import it, and then change it. but these are not ole objects, they are tables.Hi

I realise that, but you will find there is direct relationship between the "Text Height" value specified within the OLEScale dialog box and the Text Height you see in your AutoCAD Table ( when Imported via Excel data ).

Are you using AutoCAD 2006?

If yes, take a look at the OLETextSize command.

If you still do not believe the "Text Height" value specified within the OLEScale dialog box, influences the Text Height you see in your AutoCAD Table ( when Imported via Excel data ), I suggest you carry out some experiments; you should then come to the conclusion - what I have told you, is true.

Have a good one, Mike

Jason.Moore
2005-11-14, 09:45 PM
Are you using AutoCAD 2006?

Yes

If yes, take a look at the OLETextSize command.

This is a sys var. not a command

ill look into the dialog you mentioned, thanks for the help

Mike.Perry
2005-11-14, 09:51 PM
Hi

This is a sys var. not a commandMaybe you should write to Autodesk then...

ID: TP5567735 - OLE Text Sizing (the OLETEXTSIZE Command) (http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TP5567735)

ill look into the dialog you mentioned, thanks for the helpNo worries...

Have a good one, Mike